PDA

View Full Version : Interesting experience with Meguiars #135

EBPcivicsi
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I ordered a gallon about three weeks ago and have been playing with it since.

I mainly use it after a wash on weekly client`s vehicles to act as a lubricant when drying drips that are left after blow drying. It works about like any other QD in that aspect, but does seem to add something to the look of the paint, and certainly adds to the slickness.

On to my neat experience....

We polished a BMW the other day (about 27 hours on the paint) and used 135 to remove compound from two panels. After heavy compounding we always wash the car to remove dust, excess compound, etc before final polishing. We spray a dilluted mix (4:1) or so of Malco SUPER CITRA CLEAN TAR, WAX & GREASE REMOVERMalco (The Choice of the Pros!) - SUPER CITRA CLEAN TAR, WAX & GREASE REMOVER (http://www.malcopro.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=51&category_id=52&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=101)

This will remove all of the oils/build up of the compound and leave a perfectly clean surface. This product will also remove adhesive, tar, etc--it absolutely destroys transit coating adhesive.

So we spray down the paint as usual with the Malco product and allow it dweel for about two minutes (this is also how we dissolve adhesives), wash the car, and rinse thoroughly. The two panels that we used 135 on were still beading water like crazy! The difference between those panels and the adjacent untreated panels was like night and day!

Not really sure this means anything significant, but I thought it was pretty cool. I will try and duplicate this next week.

GlossyTundra
03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
I love my 135, it has replaced Z-8 for me. Same looks, same slickness, cheaper price.

BigAl3
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
thanks for sharing joe...

TTWAGN
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I love my 135, it has replaced Z-8 for me. Same looks, same slickness, cheaper price.

Sounds the same as what people say about Duragloss aquawax.

Considering the amount of ingrediants available it would be surprising if all three have atleast nearly identicle ingrediants with just a slight few differences in concentration.

Junebug
03-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey Brandon - you`re alive! I thought you went off into the world of radio and gave up detailing, good to see you back. I came so close to getting some 135 at MS the other day, but I still got a full bottle of Z8, 2 bottles of AW, plus a bottle of EA, Megs regular QD and the new one, Malco AW etc....and a sample of 425.

Frito Bandito
03-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Is 135 the pro version of UQD?

RobD
03-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Is 135 the pro version of UQD?

Yes, it is.

~$10 for 16 oz. of 135 vs. 22oz. of UQD

GlossyTundra
03-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey Brandon - you`re alive! I thought you went off into the world of radio and gave up detailing, good to see you back. I came so close to getting some 135 at MS the other day, but I still got a full bottle of Z8, 2 bottles of AW, plus a bottle of EA, Megs regular QD and the new one, Malco AW etc....and a sample of 425.

Ha, i`m in the world of " I HATE SCHOOL"!

Back to the #135, AW still has it`s place, AW to me, looks just a tad better on my truck, and lasts a bit longer. #135 has slight cleaning ability to it though, so it has it`s use also.

I use all QD`s and Spray Waxes the same. Just something after a wash to increase slickness and shine. Got Optimums new spray and QD and Quickshine to try this week.