PDA

View Full Version : Wiper streaks after using Stoners

Jscort98
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I`ve been using stoners IG in the spray bottle for a few weeks now and every time it rains the wipers streak really bad. The wipers are new so I am trying to figure out if it is the stoners or something else I haven`t thought about. Any suggestions?

350f
03-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I`m still a huge noob, but my 2 month old wipers were streaking and jumping really bad so I replaced them thinking they were just bad, but the new ones weren`t much better. After 2 coats of Rain X they slide like butter. I`m not familiar with Stoners yet but i`m assuming its just a glass cleaner and not a glass wax per se like RainX. (and i`m sure there are products that are better than RainX)

detaildoc
03-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I`ve been using stoners IG in the spray bottle for a few weeks now and every time it rains the wipers streak really bad. The wipers are new so I am trying to figure out if it is the stoners or something else I haven`t thought about. Any suggestions?

Stoners makes my windows fog up really bad with cold or humid weather, which means it leaves behind too much residue, which can also make your wipers streak. Try Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner.

Jscort98
03-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Should i use the stoners to clean the windows and the rainx to "dress" them or just the rainx?

RyanFlemington
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
`I\`ve never used IG before, so I can\`t comment on that, but recently, I\`ve been using rain-x(applied directly after a wash and dry) and reflex wipers with tremendous success. I\`ve never had such a clean and streak-free windshield.`