PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use AW while drying ONR wash?

kkreit01
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
This is more of a "procedure" vs. product question, so I thought I`d post it here. From another thread, it appears that most use AW dry. However, I use it wet --- while drying. That got me to thinking....Would it be OK to use AW while drying an ONR wash? Let`s say it`s 50-55 degrees in the garage. Is it too cold for AW? Would AW mix OK with the ONR solution being wiped off, or would this be a waste of AW? Just curious.

(Now I wouldn`t be asking this question if Spring/Summer would ever arrive here. It`s supposed to get down to 10 tomorrow night!)

twitch
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I do this but I dry/remove ONR first then apply AW to the panel. I`m not sure that temperature bothers AW much. Now humidity may be a different story.

A bit off topic but I usually spritz the panels with AW when removing other LSP`s like Poli-Seal or Collinite. I`m not sure that it does much but I like to do it. :xyxthumbs

TTWAGN
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Dry the panel and then apply AW.

AW is great to remove any streaks or water that you missed when drying.

You loose this if you apply it wet.

imported_Sludge
03-06-2008, 07:05 PM
kkreit01,

I have used AW while drying an ONR wash many times. It works fine and the only time I have seen streaking was in extreme humidity conditons. I don`t think that will be much of a problem in Kansas. I have used the procedure in temperatures below 50 without any problem. Hope this helps.

Sludge

kkreit01
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks all for your input. Time is always a factor for me. Thus, I like to use AW while drying. There`s never much water on the car when I use it. I will attempt this tonight -- before a road trip this weekend. Humidity is currently not a problem.

Scottwax
03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Both AW and OCW work well this way.

BlackElantraGT
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
If I was using AW with an ONR wash, I`d dry the panel first then use AW only because unless you`ve completely dried the panel after an ONR wash, who knows what`s still left behind that can possibly mar. I don`t get why people have this idea that ONR will simply take all the dirt that was once on their car and magnetically make it stick to their wash media in a few simple swipes. While a majority of the dirt is absorbed/carried away by whatever wash media you`re using, the ONR wash water left over on the car is still "suspending" the dirt particles that didn`t get picked up.

If I do a traditional wash, my drying towel for the most part comes out wet, but clean. But when I do an ONR wash, there are some dirty spots on my drying towel.

BigJimZ28
03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
If I was using AW with an ONR wash, I`d dry the panel first then use AW only because unless you`ve completely dried the panel after an ONR wash, who knows what`s still left behind that can possibly mar. I don`t get why people have this idea that ONR will simply take all the dirt that was once on their car and magnetically make it stick to their wash media in a few simple swipes. While a majority of the dirt is absorbed/carried away by whatever wash media you`re using, the ONR wash water left over on the car is still "suspending" the dirt particles that didn`t get picked up.

If I do a traditional wash, my drying towel for the most part comes out wet, but clean. But when I do an ONR wash, there are some dirty spots on my drying towel.

maybe you are doing something wrong

when I do an ONR wash I have a clean drying towel

kkreit01
03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I tried it, and it worked great. This time, I ONR`d the whole car -- in garage at about 50 degrees. I then used AW while drying each panel from top down -- with VROOM drying towel. The result was great, and it took <30 min total for the wash/wax/dry.