PDA

View Full Version : First Complete Detail - 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

cowboytruckn
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
This is the first complete detail of my wife`s 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT. It is Light Khaki Metallic and the interior is Dark Khaki / Light Khaki. I wish it had been sunny I would have gotten some good close up pics of the paint - absolutely sparkles.

Here are the pictures from last Saturday. I started with the tires, wheels, and fender wheels. I then washed the car itself top to bottom using two buckets and two wash mitts. I then opened all the doors and cleaned the door seals. Dryed by pat drying so as to not drag the cloth over the paint. I clayed the whole car top to bottom. I hit all the trim, chrome, plastic and glass. I shined the tires, waxed, and shined tires again.

I did only use the cleaner wax and not the Mother`s Pre-Wax Cleaner, Sealer and Glaze, and Pure Wax because the paint is in perfect shape and would have only been more work.

Inside was easier. I vacuumed the carpet, dusted cracks and air vents, cleaned all the plastic and dash, and cleaned the windows. I do the windows last because I always get protectant on them and the glass cleaner removes it no problem.

The products used were: FX Wheel Cleaner, Tire and Rubber Cleaner, Mother`s Bucket, Car Wash, Back to Black, Chrome Polish, Plastic Polish, Glass Cleaner, Clay Bar, Showtime Instant Detailer, FX Tire Shine, Cleaner Wax, Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, Protectant, Wheel Brush, Brake Dust Brush, Fender Well Brush, Tire Brush, Lambswool Wash Mitt, Drying Towel, Wheel and Jamb Towel, Microfiber Applicator Pad, Polishing Cloth, Quick Detail Towel, Carpet and Upholstery Brush, and the Detail Brush. All of these are Mother`s products.

I don`t have any before pictures. It was in excellent shape just dirty from the previous week. I take good care of my cars. It is my wife`s daily driver but you couldn`t tell it. It gets quick detailed every weekend - weather permitting.

I started bright and early and finished just in time before it started to get cloudy and rain. I wish I could have got some good sun shots. I would have if I would have finished about an hour earlier. After I took the pictures I moved it inside and as I closed the garage it started to rain.

cowboytruckn
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
This upcoming weekend my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado is taking its turn in the driveway. The only differences will be instead of the one step cleaner wax I will be using the Mother`s ultimate wax system consisting of the pre-wax cleaner, sealer and glaze, and pure wax because the paint is a little older and does have some swirls in it. On the tires, they will just be getting a good rub down with protectant so they don`t shine too much. I will post some befores and afters because the truck is pretty dirty right now.

The weather is suppose to be great so we will see. It is suppose to be 80 today and in the 60`s this weekend. Dare I say Spring is here!

twitch
03-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Very nice, it looks good! :2thumbs:

FYI... you can upload pictures to Autopia and use the links in your postings instead of attaching the pictures. It makes it much easier to check them out.

steelwind101
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Mothers showing it can hold its own against all this other stuff we use on here!

Excellent work, a great colour and a really nice car!