PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for aruba on saturday

Harbison215
03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I`m headed down to aruba for a week of fun in the sun. I`ve never been there. Any recommendations? (Food, to do`s?, etc...)

Bunky
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
There is not that much to Aruba. It does not really have any forest areas like places like Jamaica. It is a rock with a fantastic beaches. a steady wind, and clear blue water on the west side. The east side is rocky and very windy.

The capital has the usual tourist places to shop but it is not a "poor" place where people are hounding you nor too much time share selling. You will find many US food places (Subway. Dunkin Donuts, etc).

It is a great place to relax. Of course, if you like water sports, it is good too. It is Dutch associated so topless suntanning is allowed and not uncommon. They have a public bus system but they are mini-vans (like the VW bus type) so it is interesting to go and off. I think it costs one price no mater how long you ride in the same vehicle. They take US dollars but change may be in local currency.

Despite that girl that disappeared, I consider it very very safe compared to some places. My Verizon cell phone worked there (never used it but checked for a signal). People are friendly.

Brian_Brice
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Expensive but very pretty, go to the beaches :lol

Mikhail
03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Dont drink tap water there, if you dont wanna get sick!

cajunfirehawk
03-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I have a friend that lives there, if you have any last minute questions, pm me and I will ask him ASAP.

Have a nice /safe trip.

Bunky
03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Dont drink tap water there, if you dont wanna get sick!

I never had a problem at the hotel or in the bars/resturants. I would assume most respectable places have a water filter system, etc in any case. I have been twice at two different places.

rx7_FD
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Get laid? :getdown

baseballlover1
03-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Get laid? :getdown

... watch 4 diseases... :nixweiss