PDA

View Full Version : I`ve finally decided on my first purchase...

Pages : [1] 2

350f
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Anything you would add or change? I`m going to pick up some Lowes GS tonight and a decent bucket(or 2)

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/784/order.jpg

Menzerna Ultimate Detailing Machine Ultimate Shine Kit with FREE BONUS! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-ultimate-detailing-machine-kit.html)

Kit includes:

Ultimate Detailing Machine

UDM Canvas Storage Bag

UDM 5 Inch Hook and Loop Backing Plate

UDM Wrench

UDM 6.5 inch White Foam Polishing Pad

32 oz. Menzerna Final Polish

32 oz. Menzerna Intensive Polish

32 oz. Menzerna Finishing Glaze

3 – 8 oz. Bottles with Caps

2 Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

4 Cobra 6 Inch Microfiber Bonnets

1 CCS 6.5 Inch White Polishing Pad

1 CCS 6.5 Inch Gray Finishing Pad

1 CCS 6.5 Inch Blue Finessing Pad

FREE for a limited time! Receive 4 Wolfgangâ„¢ Low Profile 5.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pads

RIDDLE
03-05-2008, 05:22 PM
id probably get a few more MF towels. dont forget the free shipping code (ago):xyxthumbs

backwoods_lex
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow! There is a code for free shipping? Can you use that with the 10% off autopia code?

350f
03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
id probably get a few more MF towels. dont forget the free shipping code (ago):xyxthumbs

Holy crap thanks! That saved me $27!!! So I added a 6 pack of MF towels :bow

BuffMe
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Might want to pick up a CCS orange pad for some tougher jobs, depending on what you plan to be detailing. Also, you`re gonna need some sort of LSP (last step protection) after all the polishing. Again, depending on the color and paint type of the car, that will vary.

I guess if you could just share a bit more about your goals and what you plan to work on, that would help.

350f
03-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Might want to pick up a CCS orange pad for some tougher jobs, depending on what you plan to be detailing. Also, you`re gonna need some sort of LSP (last step protection) after all the polishing. Again, depending on the color and paint type of the car, that will vary.

I guess if you could just share a bit more about your goals and what you plan to work on, that would help.

The big kit comes with 4 free orange pads...are they different? Also, i`m getting the meguiars #26 and the kit comes with the Menzerna finishing glaze, is there something else I should look into?

I`m just trying to correct the paint on my black 03 Grand Am. Its got your usual swirls and light scratches. My Trans Am sits in the garage but has never been polished so I`m sure it could use it, but since its pewter it doesn`t look bad.

BuffMe
03-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry, didn`t see those were included. You`re definitely going to need them as GM clearcoat is rock hard. A lot of times it takes an orange pad and Menzerna Super Intensive to get some decent swirls out but you`ll figure it out. For a black car, I think Meguiar`s #26 would look great.

jesselyons2002
03-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I wouldn`t care about getting the edge foam brush. You use cheaper ones for lowes. Also if your going to put the MF bonnets over the lambswool, You can just put it over the pad that comes with the udm. I did that with my pc pad

350f
03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks! Actually since I drive so much for my new job I got the Grand Am as my daily driver knowing I would load it up with miles. And I got it cheap because it has a salvage title. No frame damage, but has had the hood, front bumper, and whole drivers side repainted/replaced. (And the new neighbors hit my rear bumper the other day) So I`m going to have a field day on the car when I get all my stuff in trying to figure out the right combo for all the panels. :getdown

BigJimZ28
03-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I don`t think the wool pads work well with a UDM....they are a rotary onlty item

and a tothbrush from the dollar store will work the same as that $13 brush you got there

350f
03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I don`t think the wool pads work well with a UDM....they are a rotary onlty item

and a tothbrush from the dollar store will work the same as that $13 brush you got there

Thanks, I`ll drop the brush. But the MF bonnets will work fine over the pads? I was just getting the wool pad for the bonnets, but if I don`t need it I can spend the money on something else. :D

detaildoc
03-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Get the spur instead of that brush.

BigJimZ28
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Get the spur instead of that brush.

can you spur foam?

BuffMe
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
can you spur foam?

Yessir, you can.

alkemyst
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
you will probably find yourself wanting more MF...I have a variety now of yellow that if I have to I can just junk, some green, the indigo (nice tagless and weight), some waffle weave for windows and then the deluxe Jr.

When you pick it out it really depends on what you want to do with it (and if your wife starts to steal it).