PDA

View Full Version : Fishy smell....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Heathenbrewing
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Good Morning!

Someone told me they started with this:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/nzzclub/P1000060bonnet.jpg

and turned it to this with only a product called "turbowax". He claims he used no buffer, just his hands:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/nzzclub/P1000103shinybonnet.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/nzzclub/P1000096side.jpg

Do you buy it?

:thx

BobD
03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
If it is simply a wax NO. If it is one of those coating systems like X-Kote or something I could say possibly.

The only TurboWax I can find info. on is for sure not going to do that and reminds me of the Four Star line a little.

Heathenbrewing
03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
thanks...my impression is that those scrathes are too severe to be removed by hand, using a wax or even something more agressive.

cowboytruckn
03-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I`m not a photography expert and don`t claim to be but I noticed the pictures are taken at reverse angles and you`ll notice the sunlight is playing a big part in the before and shadow in the after. Also there appears to be a side on the before in the shadow that looks decent. I wonder if they used it for their advantage.

In my opinion you can`t achieve that without respraying the paint.

BobD
03-05-2008, 10:53 AM
oh, and I`m not even sure it`s the same car. If you look at the Photobucket page you can see it`s a Nissan. The bad pic appears to show a car with one washer nozzle in the middle that spray both directions and the finished product shows a car with two washer nozzles. Unless I am mistaken.

350f
03-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Turbowax :rolleyes: Must be some expensive stuff..:down

Heathenbrewing
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
oh, and I`m not even sure it`s the same car. If you look at the Photobucket page you can see it`s a Nissan. The bad pic appears to show a car with one washer nozzle in the middle that spray both directions and the finished product shows a car with two washer nozzles. Unless I am mistaken.

I was thinking that same thing, but didnt want to influence anyone by mentioning it first.

BigJimZ28
03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
it could be the same car the bad pic only shows half the hood

and you can see the same "body line" in the hood

MSIGuy
03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
TurboWax... I think they`re the morons that keep spamming one of the car forums I go to with "advice" in their detailing section.

mikeemaf
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
If this is true then I`m buying lots of stock in turbo wax inc.

MattPersman
03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
that fake scratching in the hood of the first picture is well, fake, some kind of way the light it hitting it look to the right it looks shiny like the other pictures

mikeemaf
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I don`t see any windshield wipers in the before shot either

Heathenbrewing
03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks again all.

BobD
03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
it could be the same car the bad pic only shows half the hood

and you can see the same "body line" in the hood

A little better pics:

nzzclub - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/nzzclub/)

Bronzee
09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
I`ve only just found this thread.

thanks...my impression is that those scrathes are too severe to be removed by hand, using a wax or even something more agressive.

Greetings, we`ve had this conversation elsewhere before, haven`t we. ;) As I`m the person that groomed this car, I can 100% assure you that I groomed this VZR by hand, only using the Turbo Wax range.

I`m not a photography expert and don`t claim to be but I noticed the pictures are taken at reverse angles and you`ll notice the sunlight is playing a big part in the before and shadow in the after. Also there appears to be a side on the before in the shadow that looks decent. I wonder if they used it for their advantage.

In my opinion you can`t achieve that without respraying the paint.

It is definitely the same car, a black Nissan VZR Pulsar, a car I don`t think you get in the USA. Those before and after shots demonstrate the quality of the Turbo Wax products, and gee if the owner had resprayed it I`d hardly be waxing again for quite some time, as the paint needs time to cure properly. ;) That car was groomed early morning, so the light was changing fast as it does this end of the world, there are truck loads more shots I took of this car.

To partially qualify how I`ve achieve these results, I frequently win awards especially at show time, against very stiff competition, I`ve groomed a huge number of cars to an extremely high show level, so maybe, just maybe I know how to the achieve the best results through use of good cloths and good processes.