PDA

View Full Version : Detailing product overview...

Djulin
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I currently have a 07 VW GTI (White). I started detailing my car last year and these are the products in order of use:

Exterior:

Optimum car wash

Blue Magic clay

PB SSR 2.5 LC Orange

PB SSR 1 LC Orange

PB SSR 1 LC White

Klasse AIO LC White

PB Ex-P By hand

Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

1) Hows the list? Is there any steps I don`t need or could improve on?

2) Does anyone know of better products to use on white? (Especially the wax)

BobD
03-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Honestly I don`t like the SSR1 and ornage pad step you have. I would go with sSR and a white pad or something. Let the products do the work not the pads. You could also cut out two of the AIO, CK or EX-P steps if you wanted too. I think since you finished with SSR1 as a polish I`d use a black or finishing pad with AIO.

Djulin
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh no... I`m sorry. You are totally right it should be:

Exterior:

Optimum car wash

Blue Magic clay

PB SSR 2.5 LC Orange

PB SSR 2.5 LC white

PB SSR 1 LC White

Klasse AIO LC White

PB Ex-P By hand

Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

BuffMe
03-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Try a sealant for your white car as they tend to be more reflective or "wet" looking rather than a wax which gives a deep look but not as crisply reflective (of course all depending on which wax used). I would try something like Optimum Opti-Seal, Meguiar`s #21 Sealant, or Meguiar`s NXT 2.0 (if you want something you can just go to the store and pick up) but I personally don`t like NXT. Just pick one and try it out. That`s what this stuff is all about.

orionredwing
03-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Poorboy`s EX-P is actually a sealant. The op is then putting a carnauba topper on top of it.

I do the same. I have Poorboy`s EX-P followed by a simple Meguiar`s #26.

However, for my fiancee`s car, I tried NXT 2.0 as a stand alone w/o a topper. From all reviews, it is much improved from the original NXT, so I decided to give it a try.

Both EX-P and NXT 2.0 look great to me.

----

Can the AIO serve as a glaze? If not, it looks like an unnecessary layer to me, better replaced w/ a dedicated glaze (e.g. Menzerna`s FTG - clay based filler, Meguiar`s #7 - oil based fillers). I listed one of each glaze type as an example since that`s what I have, but there are lots of good products out there. Meguiar`s #7 Show Car Glaze may be an oil based glaze, but it is safe to seal with NXT 2.0. The NXT will still bond.

As you can tell, I`m trying different products. So I did Menzerna FTG -> Poorboy`s EX-P (2 coats, 24 hrs apart) -> #26 (few days later) for mine, and Meguiar`s #7 -> NXT 2.0 (2 coats, 24 hrs apart) on fiancee`s.