PDA

View Full Version : Need some expert advice!

Big_O
03-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello friends, great forum you guys have here! Been wondering around and reading many posts and need some advice. Sort of confused about the right choice for a detail. Here`s what I`ve got: 2003 Black Metalic Bimmer. It hasn`t had a detail in over a year and formerly used some griots products. The machine polishes were tough to wipe off and detailing took far to long with the wrong products. I called Autogeek and the rep told me to use these products.

1) Intensive Polish P091E with orange pad

2) Final Polish P085U with white pad

3) Finishing Glaze P0115 CQ with blue pad

4) Wolfgang

He said the Menzerna PO106FF is just for Mercedes and would not work well on Bimmer paint. Is this true? Is he selling too many products or are these steps correct?

There are not too many swirls (light swirls) as the car has been hand washed mostly and taken through high pressure "quick" gas stations washes to remove dust.

Trying to get the best wet look possible with the least amount of steps. What can you recommend that would be different?

Appreciate any help,

Big O

sinbad
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
If you do not have too many swirls, then Menzerna IP is a little overkill. I personally like Menzerna and routinely use both IP and FPII on my cars. FPII with white pad can usually gets out minor swirls for me and if I need something a little more agressive, then I simply just switch to an orange. I still think it is a good idea for you to purchase both polishes just so you have something more agressive to reach for if you need too. The finishing glaze is nice and looks good on darker colors. Not everyone like the just oiled look though. I usually apply glaze when I FPII polish has not got eveything out and paint prep is a work in progress. I just purchased Wolfgang Deep Sealant and have not used it yet - so can`t comment on that product yet. Personally, I don`t think you can go wrong purchasing the 3x Menzerna products you noted. Maybe try the kit from Classic Motoring and soap and FMJ sealant is included. I am not very fond of FMJ and use Jetseal 109 or Wet Mirror instead and now will try Wolfgang.

Twista616
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
106FF was designed for Mercedes` Cerami-clear(its a clear coat that super strong!) Can you use it on other stuff...absolutly!! BMW`s are mixed on clear coat hardness. Ive done some where the CC was really soft, then Ive done some newer ones where the CC is really hard. So, it depends on the paint.

No one here like it when you say"taken through high pressure "quick" gas stations washes to remove dust." that defeats the purpose of hand washing!

Take a flashlight or a picture(with flash)...this way you can see the swirls/scratches better. Your looking for something with filler, again, no one recommends, but NXT 2.0, Danase Wet Glaze will works...heck, any glaze with work!

Big_O
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
`Thanks guys for your advice. Hope some more can make a few replies. Not sure where to go for products. Where does everyone go to buy Menerza, Wolfgang pads and brushes?`

Big_O
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Has anyone used Menzerna P0106FF on other cars and not just Mercedes? How did it come out? Is the rep at autogeek selling me too many products?

Where does everyone go to purchase auto detailing products? Read many posts and couldn`t find any links or recomendations where to buy. Appreciate your experienced recommendations. Thanks.

bumoftheday
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Has anyone used Menzerna P0106FF on other cars and not just Mercedes? How did it come out? Is the rep at autogeek selling me too many products?

Where does everyone go to purchase auto detailing products? Read many posts and couldn`t find any links or recomendations where to buy. Appreciate your experienced recommendations. Thanks.

If you are trying to post a link, you have to have at least 10 posts to prevent spamming.