PDA

View Full Version : megs cleaner wax

jwgarrison
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
any reviews on megs cleaner wax?:nixweiss

Setec Astronomy
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
It`s fine, for a cleaner wax. Just don`t get any on your trim.

Accumulator
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Best thing I can say about it is that it`s cheap and commonly available OTC. Setec Astronomy isn`t kidding about keeping it away from trim! I`d top it with something longer-lasting, like Collinite (my local Advance Auto Parts store has both in stock and the combo wouldn`t be all that bad).

Can`t help but wonder if you`d be happier with Meg`s Color-X though :nixweiss

JustinDetail
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I prefer the Mothers Carn Cleaner Wax to Meg`s, but that`s just me.

Macruz19
03-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I remember using the cleaner wax on my RSX. I hated how it would stain the black trim, and had to bust out the old wet tooth brush. Those were the days.

They are very cheap now in your local stores BTW.

cowboytruckn
03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I would have to agree with JustinDetail. I am an avid Mother`s user. I love their cleaner wax and have you tried their Ultimate Wax System? The Ultimate Wax System has a cleaner, polish and wax. Feels silky smooth especially if clay barred first. I feel it makes the paint pop more especially dark colors and the pure wax on top makes it last longer. Only down side is it takes three coats to finish. My wife`s car is brand new so I just use the cleaner wax. On my truck being eight years old I use the Ultimate Wax System.

I am just a weekend detailer. On my cars there are no defects on the paint so I don`t have to go to extremes to try and remove scratches and swirls and what not. I do all my work by hand. If the paint is in good shape I would lead you to Mother`s.

A little tip is to dress the trim first and if you do get wax on it it is a heck of a lot easier to get off and won`t stain it.

jwgarrison
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
good tip cowboytruckn.

Frito Bandito
03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Best thing I can say about it is that it`s cheap and commonly available OTC. Setec Astronomy isn`t kidding about keeping it away from trim! I`d top it with something longer-lasting, like Collinite (my local Advance Auto Parts store has both in stock and the combo wouldn`t be all that bad).

Can`t help but wonder if you`d be happier with Meg`s Color-X though :nixweiss

You can get Collinite OTC? Man, I can`t get anything OTC!

MidLife Cruiser
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree with Justin and the cowboy, I like Mother`s cleaner wax better. I think it is more durable. However, I have had some minor ghosting problems with it.

BlueLibby04
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Ive used megs cleaner wax and its just `ok.` Nothing spectacular and I would only use it if the paint is in decent shape. I agree that it should be topped with something that lasts because it by all means does NOT.

Megs Color-x is the strongest cleaner wax you can get in the A-line. Its a good product but also doesnt last very long.

Accumulator
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
You can get Collinite OTC? Man, I can`t get anything OTC!

Heh heh, yeah, lucky me :D 845 and Meg`s Interior QD are the only (consumer-level) OTC products I like and I can get `em both without going out of my way.