PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on overspray removal?

clnfrk
03-03-2008, 11:58 PM
This coming weekend I will be doing an older Mazda 323 that was repainted previously by Maaco. There was also some repaint work done on the trunk several months after the Maaco repaint I think by another shop, which resulted in significant overspray to the roof and rear quarter panels mainly. I did a test section a few weeks ago with a medium grade clay and while it made an improvement in the feel of the surface, it still felt quite rough.

What would you guys recommend in this circumstance? Will the fact the car is a repaint be a factor? Do you think a more aggressive clay followed by a compounding and/or polishing would be the best approach? Thanks for your help.

Chris@Optimum
03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Clay it after a good wash!

jeteast99
03-04-2008, 12:49 AM
you can try an aggresive clay or wet sanding

clnfrk
03-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the reply! I will try the aggressive clay and hopefully I won`t have to resort to wetsanding.

RAG
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I usually go for the clay route, but Maaco paint could should benefit from wetsanding and buffing anyways...so if the customer is willing to accept the risk and is willing to pay for it, you could come out looking like a hero.