PDA

View Full Version : Single Stage Paint correction!!!

SYDWAZ
03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I really need some professional help on this one. I hate to start new threads on stuff, but I am an avid searcher and I can’t find much on SSP correction. So let me tell you what I need help on, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

Ok, what I’m trying to do is correct my BLACK 1996 Silverado truck. It is heavily oxidized with a lot of scratches. This will be my FIRST time using a rotary, and I want to spend a lot of time on this truck. I don’t care too much if I go thru the paint, I just want to detail this truck like a professional detailer would do, and get a lot of experience doing it.

That being said, I just purchased a Dewalt rotary, and a flex with a huge plethora of products. So If I need a product that I haven’t bought I would have no problem getting some no matter the price. I really want to do this like it was the most expensive car in the world(Except the really expensive wax):grinno: . I want this to be learning process for me, and I’m willing to give it all I’ve got for the good and the bad.

Ok so hopefully you guys can help me out. If you could include products and steps used from compounding all the way to the end, and give me hints on what you would do as far as wipe down between products, that would be greatly appreciated. Basically all I need is a step by step in Lamens terms.

Thanks everyone and I swear I will not let you guys down!! Shawn… :bow :help:

SYDWAZ
03-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Oh man!!

I would settle for just a product order, and I will figure the rest out. If its the same as doing clear coat cars, then I will just figure it out. I just thought that someone would have a strict product line up for single stage cars that could help me out. :sadwavey:

Scottwax
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Meguiars and Clearkote are your friends, both product lines work very well on oxidation.

Envious Eric
03-04-2008, 02:09 AM
its just like CC paint...work it the same...your pads will turn black, but that is the same thing your pads are doing...turning clear...because CC is just that...clear paint....

use whatever you want...but what I would do is remove the oxidation first, then work on the scratches and swirls...

megs #66 cleaner wax comes to mind for the oxidation removal, then megs 83, then 80....and with varying pads, it SHOULD come out looking much better...

MrNorwall
03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
what products do you have?

SYDWAZ
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys.. As far as which products I have, well I bought them all. LoL!!!

I bought the megs #83,#80. I have all Clearkote products, Pinnacle,and Menzerna as well. I went on a shopping spree.

What should I use to polish after the #80. Scott I think stated he used Pink Moose, wich I think is VMG and RMG mix. Thanks again, Shawn :xyxthumbs