PDA

View Full Version : PC Polishing

motomanbm
03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi, Everyone

Just a polishing question when using my p.c.

Since it is so much less aggressive than a rotary buffer, can I use use a more aggressive

polish to help achieve the results I want, without causing more problems than I already have?

Thanks for any input

deathlok
03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
No

(ten char limit )

BigJimZ28
03-02-2008, 12:05 PM
what problem do you have ?

what polish do you want to use?

what kind of car are you working on?

what kind of pads & polish are you using now?

Accumulator
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
..using my p.c.

Since it is so much less aggressive than a rotary buffer, can I use use a more aggressive

polish to help achieve the results I want, without causing more problems than I already have?

Well...not really but sorta ;) Let me explain-

With a rotary you can sometimes do impressive correction with very mild products, but with a PC you need to use something with more cut. BUT (and this is probably what deathlok was referring to) there`s a limit because a) really harsh products are rotary only and b) it`s very, very difficult to achieve rotary results via PC.

About the harshest stuff you can use by PC is 1Z Ultra/Extra or 1Z Intensiv or Hi-Temp Extreme Cut (with 4" pads). Those are pretty aggressive via rotary but more like "just aggressive enough for serious correction" via PC. And by PC they won`t break down/finish as nicely as they would with a rotary, so you`ll have to do more subsequent polishing with milder products.

If you`r referring to a Passat with typical VW/Audi hard clear, then serious correction via PC will require something like the products I mentioned above and 4" pads (with which I`ve done good, if slow, correction on our Audis).

deathlok
03-02-2008, 04:17 PM
And by PC they won`t break down/finish as nicely as they would with a rotary, so you`ll have to do more subsequent polishing with milder products.

that exactly was in my mind when posting ;)

Accumulator
03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
deathlok- Heh heh, I get a kick out of it when our seemingly different answers are *really* saying the same thing :D

OH, and I see you fixed my typo...I`m off to edit that :o