PDA

View Full Version : 3M Commercial sponge to wash with?

IppoJ
03-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I have been using a MF with the ONR or a wool mitt with regular wash but I got the BMW car cleaning set from the local dealer and it came with a 3M C41 commercial sponge to wash with.

I`ve been a little leery of using a sponge but with all the threads about the GS with ONR I thought "maybe"

Anyone have any input on using the 3M sponge to wash with? It`s the standard yellow sponge about the size of a paperback book.

The rest of the BMW car wash kit is top notch, I think the soap and wheel cleaner are both P21s, it came with a chamois, a Rubbermaid double bucket and a US made Trialoy wheel brush.

ron231
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I have been using a MF with the ONR or a wool mitt with regular wash but I got the BMW car cleaning set from the local dealer and it came with a 3M C41 commercial sponge to wash with.

I`ve been a little leery of using a sponge but with all the threads about the GS with ONR I thought "maybe"

Anyone have any input on using the 3M sponge to wash with? It`s the standard yellow sponge about the size of a paperback book.

The rest of the BMW car wash kit is top notch, I think the soap and wheel cleaner are both P21s, it came with a chamois, a Rubbermaid double bucket and a US made Trialoy wheel brush.

I have grout sponges as well as sheepskin and IMO the GS is not at all a good choice for ONR. If I were using a foam gun (which many times I do) I would say the GS is fine, but for ONR absolutely not.

Stick with sheepskin or MF for ONR

IppoJ
03-02-2008, 10:37 PM
well, the 3M sponge isn`t a GS, I`d say it is a cellulose sponge if I had to guess. I was also wondering if it would be OK to use for a regular wash/rinse.

I`ve always stayed away from sponges. But maybe I`m just paranoid.

detaildoc
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
You won`t know until you try it. Do a CD test first, and if it does not marr the CD, then try a small section of a panel of your car under the halogens.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-03-2008, 01:21 AM
You won`t know until you try it. Do a CD test first, and if it does not marr the CD, then try a small section of a panel of your car under the halogens.

Is not so much what a GS does on its own, its what does it do when your using it and accumulating dirt.............Ive tried it and it just didnt suit me......Not saying it doesnt perform, Im just a `skinner"......

SpoiledMan
03-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I ONR`d a black Porsche today with a GS. I promise I didn`t hurt it.;)