PDA

View Full Version : looking for help with detail products

thursday88
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I`m new to the site, been lurking a long time. I have a red 1998 integra and there is swirls, scratches and oxidation. I have been trying to piece together some products to go with my UDM. I already have klasse AIO and SG. I`ve been looking at the sonus kit, Ultima kit or the XMT kits from autogeeks. I`m really looking to piece together a kit with the right pads and polishes for the job. any help would be great, thanks in advance, i`m also reading the articles to try and get a better idea.

imported_Calogero
03-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I`m new to the site, been lurking a long time. I have a red 1998 integra and there is swirls, scratches and oxidation. I have been trying to piece together some products to go with my UDM. I already have klasse AIO and SG. I`ve been looking at the sonus kit, Ultima kit or the XMT kits from autogeeks. I`m really looking to piece together a kit with the right pads and polishes for the job. any help would be great, thanks in advance, i`m also reading the articles to try and get a better idea.

You have any pictures to better help us with what you car looks like.

You can start by getting this.

2 pails with 2 gritguards

A MF Wash Mit

Car wash soap of you choice - I use Meguiars NXT or Hyper Wash

Waffle Weave Drying Towels at least 2

You choice of company for clay bar and lube.

I use Meguiars Blue Clay Bar and Meguiars Last Touch.

Then for pads you`re going to have to assess your car first before you starting buy them all.

Buy what you need.

thursday88
03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I have some good wash stuff I need some more though good call. I use Meguiars gold wash. I have pictures but i`ll have to wait until tomorrow to get them up.

thursday88
03-01-2008, 10:34 PM
so far i`m thinking

1. UDM

2. either the SFX pads, the DAS pads from here or some Lake Country CCS pads

3. SFX-1, SFX-2, and SFX-3

is there anything I could use in conjunction with Klasse or anything better?

the car has pretty bad oxidation/paint fade, scratches and moderate swirls.