PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Pros with Compressors

pingable
03-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Fellow tool junkie is curious how large of a compressor u guys are running. One big rotary screw out back :-)

I would lean on one as my next *indulgence* purchase. The air not only for working with the pneumatic, but now I can *blow the car out* when detailing interior, blowing the polishing dust away, getting all those pesky water drip spots after a car wash....Oh the options..

Ray in Kigwood
03-01-2008, 09:47 PM
7.5hp 2 stage Ingersal rand with magnetic stater. Airline supply is all black pipe.

David Fermani
03-02-2008, 09:55 AM
There`s a slight difference in needing a compressor to run power tools and to blow out interiors. After trying out a few different ones, I`ve found that a 1HP, 12 gallon unit works great for interiors. It produces great pressure (125psi) & has a large enough tank to keep a decent amount of air in it for constant use. Perect for portable use.

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Fellow tool junkie is curious how large of a compressor u guys are running. One big rotary screw out back :-)

Are you saying you currently have a screw compressor at your home??

Airline supply is all black pipe.

Ouch. Rust city (unless you have a dryer). I don`t know how long ago you did the piping, but I would have gone with copper, or the more recently available polymer or aluminum solutions. Of course, your receiver is probably rust city too, so I guess it doesn`t really matter. My ideal setup is a dryer before the receiver, so nothing rusts.