PDA

View Full Version : Optimum and menzerna

MrNorwall
03-01-2008, 04:44 PM
So i was wondering if this was a good list:

1. Start with Optimum compound

2. Then restore shine and finish with Menzerna MC87 Micro polish.

3. Seal with opti seal

4. Then wax with Optimum Car Wax

:woot:

How many cars can i do with the 8 oz bottle of Opti seal, should i grab two, i do a few details here and there of other peoples cars

awahl63
03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
You can easily do 25+ cars with one bottle of Opti-Seal (probably closer to 50). I have two bottles and I`ve probably done 30 or so applications and I have a lot left.

Radicalrev
03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
which would you guys prefer...the optimum compound or meg`s #83 using a PC??

Gen2
03-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I will prefer using Menzerna IP.

Junebug
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree with Gen2, I bought the whole Optimum line last year and traded it out before I used a forth of it. I didn`t care for the marathon buffing sessions and OS did nothing special in my opinion. I bought Menzerna 91,106 and 87 - you can use all these via a PC if you get some 5.5 or 4" low profile LC pads. I like Zaino Z5 or Z2 much better than OS. Hey just my opinion guys, no need for getting ya thong in a knot.

Deanski
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Since I went to Menzerna a while back, I have yet to find anything that works that well for a rotary. I`m not too fond of Menzerna via PC, but that`s me. Rotary and Menzerna were made for one another.

I cannot say for Optimum, never used it and quite frankly, I see no need. I have enough Menzerna. Besides, Menzerna is one of the worlds best mfg of abrasives for many applications besides automotive.

Find something that works for you, refine your technique and there will be a very hard choice for you to switch to another product just do to hype or claims. It took may attempts for me to embrace Menzerna after being with 3M for a very long time.

Be careful what you read on some forums. There are some odd claims regarding Menzerna and it`s effect on a cured finish.

Or, go with more known polishes such as 3M or Meguiars until you really build better skills with the tools and pads.

Regards,

Deanski