PDA

View Full Version : NXT glass cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

miahman98
03-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Meguiar`s NXT glass cleaner. Where can I get this stuff otc? I cant find it anywhere. :hairpull

KaiYenS
03-01-2008, 03:47 AM
People say Walmart... I believe there`s a few threads about it.

one of them:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/103309-nxt-2-0-a.html?highlight=walmart

miahman98
03-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Not nxt 2.0 wax. I need nxt glass cleaner. I have looked at all the Walmarts in my neck of the woods. And also all the auto zone type of places. I cant find it anywhere.

jesselyons2002
03-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Has anyone tried Zep glass cleaner for tint windows or Chemical guys glass cleaner for tint windows.

BlackElantraGT
03-01-2008, 06:37 AM
If you`re having trouble finding NXT Glass Cleaner, just buy some Stoner`s Invisible Glass which can be more easily found OTC. IMO, I`ve always felt that NXT glass cleaner was over-hyped on this forum. It`s a good product, but not a miracle product some people make it out to be. I personally found the scent a bit nauseating after awhile.

If you have to stick within the Meguiar`s brand for whatever reason, then give the Meg`s Detailer Glass Cleaner concentrate a try. The product works just as well as NXT Glass cleaner, has a better grape scent that doesn`t give you nausea, and is a much better value overall since it comes as a concentrate that can be diluted up to 10:1. I have a gallon of that stuff and if you`re the average detailer, that gallon is going to last you a LONG time.

It just doesn`t make any sense to spend up to $5 per bottle of NXT Glass cleaner when a 32 oz bottle of Meg`s Detailer glass cleaner costs cents to make. I bought my NXT glass cleaner from Kmart when they clearanced them for $1 each and even at that price, I`d pick Meg`s Detailer glass cleaner any day.

The downside to the Detailer glass concentrate is that you might have to order it online or find a local PBE (Paint, Body, & Equipment) store.

jb1
03-01-2008, 09:35 AM
The only place I found it here in Dallas was at a locally owned hardware store. Go figure. I think it was $5.79. After reading this forum, I thought it would be the ultimate glass cleaner. *I* have not found that to be the case. It`s good, but at that price, I won`t be buying any more when I run out.

watermantra
03-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I have seen it at Pepboys, Autozone, and O`Riley`s Autoparts here in the North Texas Area.

I bought it once at O`Riley`s, but found that I much prefer Stoner`s, so haven`t been actively looking for it in the past couple of months.

wannafbody
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I really like the NXT glass cleaner. I think because of the higher price point it didn`t sell well.

BigAl3
03-01-2008, 11:42 AM
the only place that i saw the nxt glass cleaner available OTC was pepboys, but they no longer carry it. i use the stoners IG pump spray (pictured in the middle) and couldn`t be happier... :up

http://www.invisibleglass.com/media/Photo-IG-Trio-03.jpg

Fallz
03-01-2008, 11:44 AM
the only place that i saw the nxt glass cleaner available OTC was pepboys, but they no longer carry it. i use the stoners IG pump spray (pictured in the middle) and couldn`t be happier... :up

http://www.invisibleglass.com/media/Photo-IG-Trio-03.jpg

Agreed , thats the best I`ve ever used.

miahman98
03-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I currently use Stoners and it is a great product. But I would like to do a comparison between it and NXT. Maybe I will just order it online. Thanks everyone.

imported_hockeyplaya13
03-01-2008, 04:11 PM
The other day I was at Autozone and, being almost out of my Stoners IG, I picked up some of the Eagle One glass cleaner (aersol) since I hadn`t seen it before and it was like $3. Worked just as good as the Stoners, IMO. But make sure you spray it onto the WW first to avoid overspray onto the paint.

citizen arcane
03-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Claybar outside of windows w/ Stoner`s as lubricant, wipe w/ mf, apply second coat and *important* use week old newspaper to wipe dry and enjoy the view!

BlueLibby04
03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I just bought megs d-line glass cleaner. Works awesome and it smells great too!

I bought the sample from ADS and I can make 3 gallons of cleaner. I probably wont need to buy more for many, many years.

detaildoc
03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Not nxt 2.0 wax. I need nxt glass cleaner. I have looked at all the Walmarts in my neck of the woods. And also all the auto zone type of places. I cant find it anywhere.

I asked the same question a few months ago. Basically, you won`t find it OTC, you will need to order it online. I went from Stoners to Meguiars NXT and I am staying with Meguiars. Stoner does clean well and leaves a streak free finish, but with a little humidity or cold weather it makes your windows fog up like crazy. I have not had this problem with Meguiars, which also cleans well and streak free.