PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s UQD as wax booster

8Banger
03-01-2008, 12:46 AM
would it be a good idea to dry with meg`s uqd to use it as a wax booster or will it do more bad then good because of the cleaners? thanks

:cool:

BigAl3
03-01-2008, 01:18 AM
taken from website...

The most advanced high bead and deep gloss spray detailer! Meguiar`s®, the company that brought car enthusiasts the world’s first spray detailer, now introduces a revolutionary mist and wipe product that works like a spray detailer and enhances wax protection. This totally unique formula represents a significant breakthrough in technology that has even our eyes popping! Through the use of new Hydrophobic Polymer Technologyâ„¢, Meguiar`s has created a spray detailer that actually repels water, withstands multiple car washes, and adds additional protection to your finish. The secret lies in the high level of surface tension created when these revolutionary polymers react. The result is a slicker, darker surface and incredible water beading! You will feel your towel almost float across the surface. The gentle, high lubricity formula is safe on all paint types including the latest clear coats and can be used daily to remove loose contaminants, dust and grime to keep your car looking its absolute best. It`s so easy, you can detail a full size car in less than 10 minutes!

8Banger
03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
thank you! :dance

Fallz
03-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I didn`t like the stuff at all when it came out and now have been using it with Megs 21 and I`m kinda really liking it .

wannafbody
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
QD`s only last a couple days. If you really want to boost wax protection get Duragloss AW.

Fallz
03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
QD`s only last a couple days. If you really want to boost wax protection get Duragloss AW.

UQD seems to be a combo of both and yes it does offer protection . So I would say its a booster . Sure the heck beads like one for quite a while.

BlueLibby04
03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I use it after every wash and I love it. Its alittle $$ but Ive got two bottles and Ive not paid for one of them so Im not complaining.

I use it on the front end alot in the summer to help get the bugs off the next wash. Works out great!

BigAl3
03-02-2008, 04:06 PM
If you really want to boost wax protection get Duragloss AW.

while the UQD is definitely not a bad product, i get slightly better results from AW (about $3 a bottle cheaper too). gotta love AW!

BuffMe
03-02-2008, 08:51 PM
My method is AW for one wash, then UQD for the next one, or possibly two washes, depending on how much has been lost in between.

beachcities
03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
People have told me that a QD can be used with the soap bucket to enhance gloss. Is this true?

BlackElantraGT
03-02-2008, 10:08 PM
People have told me that a QD can be used with the soap bucket to enhance gloss. Is this true?

you`ll be rinsing most of it off so whatever glossing agents you added to your soap bucket wouldn`t really be much at all. If I had a little QD left over or something I didn`t feel like using anymore, I might consider putting it into my soap bucket but I would not waste a good QD that way. You`ll get better results by QDing the car after your wash.

I think if you`re looking to enhance the gloss from a wash alone without having to QD, consider doing an ONR wash (leaves a just waxed/qd`ed look IMO) or try out another car shampoo.

8Banger
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
the thing that gets me is the UQD obviously has cleaners in it, so thats why i was asking is it doing good or bad.

i`d like to get a spray wax instead of the UQD because, obviously it doesn`t have any cleaners in it. my only concern there is that it will be taking away from the integrity of the original wax

im looking for something to lubricate the towel as i dry the car, while boosting the original wax.

FWIW, the car will have this in this order: pinncale Souveran paste > opti-seal > Pinnacle souveran paste...then whatever booster i use during every dry

BuffMe
03-02-2008, 11:31 PM
im looking for something to lubricate the towel as i dry the car, while boosting the original wax.

That is Duragloss AW.