PDA

View Full Version : Need help tweaking my combo

darkRide
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I got a new Mazda6 Onyx black last October. I`m looking to invest time and some $ to have it look its best once snow clears (and have some good time doing it!). We`re having a terrible winter in Canada.

I`ve read a bunch on this site for the last two weeks and I came up with two suites of products along with a PC. Now I need to decide between the two. I also want to pick a good mildly abrasive polish to have just in case. (I`ll also clay first.)

combo 1:

SSR1 (??) (not planned to be used at first)

PWS/blue

Natty`s blue

OCW

combo 2:

106FF (??) (not planned to be used at first)

RMG

CMW

OCW

I have a little bias for clearkote as I read it wouldn`t affect trim and rubber if some wax got on it and it can also be used under direct sunlight. However I have the impression that PWS might be better at removing light swirls or spider webbings.

106FF I`ve read a lot of opposing statements on it, anything better to replace it for in this list?

jswift2000
03-01-2008, 05:55 AM
What is the condition paint in? Some will say add SIP to combo 2 and you`ll be good to go.

getcha
03-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Yea Combo 2 looks really good.(and if you could get a sample of SIP) you would be golden. 106ff is amazing to me. For people who only want a 1step polish this stuff can be made certain techniques and pads just a bit more aggressive yet still finish down beautifully with a PC(and a rotary)

What kind of pads are you thinking of using?

Good luck and dont forget to post pics once you finish up

JB217
03-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Id go with combo 2 as well....

darkRide
03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Yea Combo 2 looks really good.(and if you could get a sample of SIP) you would be golden. 106ff is amazing to me. For people who only want a 1step polish this stuff can be made certain techniques and pads just a bit more aggressive yet still finish down beautifully with a PC(and a rotary)

What kind of pads are you thinking of using?

Good luck and dont forget to post pics once you finish up

I`ll try asking for a sample of SIP or IP, this one`s pretty expensive and I`m not sure I`ll need it from its description.

I`ll be getting Lake country 6.5" CCS pads. 1 white, 2 black and 2 blue pads.

jshillin
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
2 looks better, but you should go ahead & pick up a slightly more agressive polish to go with the 106ff. You only have finishing polishes listed. Try to add something like SIP. IP. Opt Polish, etc...