PDA

View Full Version : got a deal on a used extractor

Harbison215
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I found a guy on craig`s list who was selling a used DK-100 Grand Prix II, which is a `detail king model`. It was built in 2001 and is considered a MYTEE product comparable to the HP-100 except not new enough to have the blower features.

It works great, gets the water nice and hot, has a nice water stream and even came with the big floor wand attachment and some extra hoses. Same structure as the HP-100 with the dual 11 gallon tanks and single power cord function.

Grabbed it for $500. Good deal? I thought so. For good measure, I took it apart and cleaned out all of the hoses, connectors and attachments. It had been sitting so the regular attatchment was a big clogged. I cleaned it out with some warm soapy water and my air compressor, replaced a few worn rubber o-ring gaskets and the thing works great.

I`m glad I bought it :bounce

jshillin
02-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal...

gmblack3
02-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Great deal! Run a gallon of vinegar thru it and it should clean up the rest of the junk in the lines. If you use the machine 5 times a month or more, due it every month.

Harbison215
03-01-2008, 02:23 AM
thanks for the advice. im going to run a gallon of distilled white vinegar through it tomorrow and then once a month to keep it in good shape.

i know mytee sells a product that is supposed to act as a system maintenance fluid. would vinegar be comparable to that or so i be using that solution too?

Harbison215
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Put this thing to work for the first time today. I must say it kicks serious ***. It is so simple to use and you wouldn`t believe the type of stuff it pulls from the carpets.

I`m so glad I purchased this extractor and I would recommend a MYTEE HP 100 (which is pretty much the model I got) to anyone in the detail business.

I checked the dates and the 100psi pump was built in 2001 but my actual entire unit was built in 2004, so it isn`t as old as I thought. It has twin, in-line 600 watt heater elements and gets the water nice and hot rather quickly.

I used only a very little bit of Ardex`s `OK Extractor` carpet extractor solution and tap water. I dry vacuumed the carpets but didn`t do any prespraying or scrubbing. The rugs in a filthy 05 dodge ram work truck came up spotless. So much so that I regret not taking before and after photos.

I gotta tell you, anyone in this business should own a machine like this.