PDA

View Full Version : can this polish remove this wax?

hey_i'm_new
02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
2 months ago, I used the FK1 decontamination kit. Nice product… but will try the AUTOINT kit next time…

The only thing I have on my car now is Collinite No. 476s. Will 1Z Einszett Metallic Polish remove this wax? Or should I AUTOINT this?

Thanks in advance.

hdu
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Yes it will... any polish or chemical cleaner will remover collinite 476.

Accumulator
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
IME 1Z MP (especially the consumer line stuff in the smaller rectangular can) is awfully mild for this. I never tried cutting through 476S with it, but I *wouldn`t* try it either (at least not if the 476S was good and healthy). Nothing awful will happen but you`d very likely get a gummed up pad and hassle around with it for a while.

I`d compromise the 47S with something or use 1Z PP instead (I`ve gone through healthy 476S with that, took just a little doing). I wouldn`t bother using the "A" though, muchas I do like it.

Out of curiosity, why take off the 476S? I`d just wait for it to get a bit compromised and redo things then. Once it`s a bit weakened, I`d clay with Sonus green (a little more aggressively than normal) and *then* use the 1Z MP.

hey_i'm_new
03-03-2008, 03:44 AM
IME 1Z MP (especially the consumer line stuff in the smaller rectangular can) is awfully mild for this. I never tried cutting through 476S with it, but I *wouldn`t* try it either (at least not if the 476S was good and healthy). Nothing awful will happen but you`d very likely get a gummed up pad and hassle around with it for a while.

I`d compromise the 47S with something or use 1Z PP instead (I`ve gone through healthy 476S with that, took just a little doing). I wouldn`t bother using the "A" though, muchas I do like it.

Out of curiosity, why take off the 476S? I`d just wait for it to get a bit compromised and redo things then. Once it`s a bit weakened, I`d clay with Sonus green (a little more aggressively than normal) and *then* use the 1Z MP.

FYI… I believe I have the “profession” grade. My 1Zmp is in a 1000ML cylinder metal can.

I live in Southern California. How long will the protective properties of the 476S last? I read about 30 days… this is why I am asking. Can I just re-layer?

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

deathlok
03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
How long will the protective properties of the 476S last? I read about 30 days…

way more than 30 days At least three months

Accumulator
03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
FYI… I believe I have the “profession” grade. My 1Zmp is in a 1000ML cylinder metal can...

Ah, that`s different...given that I agree with HDU; it`ll cut through the 476S but it will still take just a little doing. You might find you get loaded-up pads or some other hassle though, so see below ;)

I live in Southern California. How long will the protective properties of the 476S last? I read about 30 days… this is why I am asking. Can I just re-layer?.

As deathlok said, you`ll get months out of it. On my beater-Blazer (used very hard including Ohio winters) I have ~four layers of 476S, good for many, many months...more than an entire winter easy. And I even spot-clay at every wash.

Yeah, you can just relayer, I do it all the time. If you`re worried about waxing over residual dirt, just clay (gently/carefully/properly) with Sonus green clay before you rewax. Since the 1Z MP is pretty close to functionally nonabrasive, unless you have marring I`d just clay and relayer.

FWIW, I`ve only polished the Blazer once (used 1Z stuff too :D ) in the 18 months I`ve had it, only had to reapply the 476S on rare occasions after doing the initial ~4 layers- once on the whole thing after ~8 months, once more on just the liftgate and some areas that take a beating in the winter (front door pillars, sideview mirrors, etc.).