PDA

View Full Version : have you seen something like that before??

pampos
02-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Please pay attention between the lamps and tell me if you know from where that spot came from and how can i remove it?is it a result of over polishing it?

Brian_Brice
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
What did you use on it? rotary? pc? udm? cyclo? flex? hand? What polish did you use? It is hard to tell exactly what it is but it doesn`t appear to be a haze that will clean up, there is only one way to find out.

pampos
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
To be honest i tried a lot of products,also by rotary,and also by hand.the surface above the spot is smooth as the rest hood but the color there is lighter. it seems like is underneath the clear coat (if there is any).

Scottwax
02-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Could be something got spilled on the paint and caused it to fade. :nixweiss

pampos
03-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Any ideas how could be repaired(before take it for repainting)??

baseballlover1
03-01-2008, 07:36 AM
maybe its a paint failure below the clear? i think only way is repaint it.

heatgain
03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Hard to tell from a picture, but....I had a similar problem on a 1991 Civic and it was clear coat failure, stage 1.

Please pay attention between the lamps and tell me if you know from where that spot came from and how can i remove it?is it a result of over polishing it?

AP2TUDE
03-01-2008, 12:32 PM
It really does look like a clearcoat failure. Could be a slight burn from your polisher over clear that wasn`t properly bonded or something of that nature. I have witnessed it a few times with Mercedez on panels that were repaints.

cmartins1963
03-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Looks like a paint failure below the clear.

pampos
03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks very much.i will repaint it.i hope that it will not find another one on the rest of car again :)

npb
03-02-2008, 04:38 PM
what car is it on? I have similar spots on my brand new BMW. it looks matte and appears below the clear coat, so it cannot be polished out. I still haven`t figured out what it is though...

Accumulator
03-02-2008, 04:43 PM
That looks much like the area I over-thinned on my M3 (using the rotary).

pampos
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
It is on a Honda Accord (Europe version,the same as Acura TSX)

13thcrusader
03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
i can answer that one for you. as a matter of fact, i just had the same problem about two hours ago.

you over polished and paint`s almost gone. i`d recommend leaving it be, polishing that spot again can result in you wearing it down completely to the metal.

it`s going to have to be painted.

i ended up buffing through the paint on a car today because i was trying to save it from having to be painted. man you should`ve seen the scratches :cry:

but if you can find an aerosol spray can of touch up paint that`s the exactly right color. you can wetsand it, spray it yourself and about a week later (let the paint dry completely!) try wetsanding it very lightly and polishing again. it should come out pretty well if you take your time on it.

pampos
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
i can answer that one for you. as a matter of fact, i just had the same problem about two hours ago.

you over polished and paint`s almost gone. i`d recommend leaving it be, polishing that spot again can result in you wearing it down completely to the metal.

it`s going to have to be painted.

i ended up buffing through the paint on a car today because i was trying to save it from having to be painted. man you should`ve seen the scratches :cry:

but if you can find an aerosol spray can of touch up paint that`s the exactly right color. you can wetsand it, spray it yourself and about a week later (let the paint dry completely!) try wetsanding it very lightly and polishing again. it should come out pretty well if you take your time on it.

thanks for your advise.I think it is better to repaint the entire hood to remove also some stone chips and add some fresh clear coat :)