PDA

View Full Version : Washin` your Microfiber Stuff

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ray in Kigwood
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey Guys.......:hifive:

I bought that special detergent stuff for the mf, Microfibers I have and have simply been washing the heck out of it by hand and h angin it out to dry. Works fine......but I sure would like to throw em in da washer.

We have a couple of these damn high dollar front loaders, and Momma would flat KILL me if I screwed em up.

I will find a washateria if I hafeta......do you fellers use your machines at home?

My concern is the chemicals and polish compounds would mess up or clog the solenoid valves and other components within my machine..

http://www.appliance.com/np_images/GE_Washer_Dryer.jpg

Thanks!

:nervous2: :aww:

BigAl3
02-28-2008, 05:22 PM
just wash your microfibers when you have a good size load as you don`t want to waste water. i use liquid deteregent (most are very concentrated these days, so a little goes a long way!) in warm water, and on the final rinse i add 4-5oz`s of vinegar to help rinse them clean. then i toss them in the dryer on the lowest heat setting with NO fabric softnener. haven`t had any problems... :up

KaiYenS
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes, I use my front-load washer/dryer with MF restorer. When it runs out, I`ll try out just the liquid detergent and see.

p.s. Btw, Ray...maybe you should just put all your towels in a bucket, which you would then put on that FLEX and start SHAKING IT.. that should save you some work by hand-washing. :woot2: :woot2: :woot2:

jswift2000
02-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I use woolite with warm water (cool rinse) and then air dry on a drying rack.

phil11
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I have an HE washer as well, and no problems at all washing them. I usually toss them in a bucket mixed with water / simple green overnight, after a day of washing. The next day I toss them in and off they go.

Ray in Kigwood
02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
thanks ya`ll!

;)

chitownbob
02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
whats so special about teh microfiber restorer detergent? woudln`t no scent all or woolite do the same thing?

imported_DJ Mayo
02-29-2008, 01:55 AM
^^^ it`s just a name to get people to buy it it seems. I do what BigAl3 does and have been for years, works fine every time. Just make sure to stay away from fabric softener.

PTRon
02-29-2008, 09:11 AM
And wash your glass towels separately to avoid cross-contamination.

getcha
02-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I went to a bakery and found a 5gal clean pail specifically for washing my material. I can let them soak and hand wash them, and im able to see especially with the towels if they are acutally clean after hand washing them. This way i dont have to worry about walking around smelling like collinite next week. though i wouldnt mind smelling like some of the other carnaubas, people would just think i was wearing my girlfriends lotions.

Handwash to avoid cross contamination and to save water(if thats a concern)

getcha
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I went to a bakery and found a 5gal clean pail specifically for washing my material. I can let them soak and hand wash them, and im able to see especially with the towels if they are acutally clean after hand washing them. This way i dont have to worry about walking around smelling like collinite next week. though i wouldnt mind smelling like some of the other carnaubas, people would just think i was wearing my girlfriends lotions.

Handwash to avoid cross contamination and to save water(if thats a concern)

And this way I can do my glass towel, high end towels and any other towels separate to make sure they arent crossed. Plus i can see if there is anything left like grit or dirt wise in the pail.

BlueLibby04
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I also use a `high dollar` front loading washer and dryer. Ive never experience any problems with the washer or dryer by washing my MF`s.

I do not recommend that you dry the MF`s on HIGH heat though. I like to dry them on medium heat for around 20min then let them air dry the rest of the way.

RIDDLE
02-29-2008, 02:24 PM
like mentioned above, soaking them before you wash helps too. i just through mine in a bucket to soak while im detailing

Ray in Kigwood
02-29-2008, 02:36 PM
great replies.....thanks again ya`ll!

Love this place......

(even though it burns holes in my wallet)

;)

Accumulator
02-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I use both the garage/conventional and household/front-loader washing machines. I also get much better results with the "MF detergents" but others don`t need `em...use what works for *you*.

I will say that I don`t run really dirty stuff through the household washer, and I`ll even presoak/prewash some things in a bucket with SG/APC if they`re really nasty. I have to clean out the basket/agitator of the garage washer from time to time as it is.

If you use fabric softener in your washer, clean out the dispenser before you wash your MFs in that machine.