PDA

View Full Version : ONR`ing with Lowe`s Proline Grout Sponge?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BRODEY1
02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
As of now I am using MF`s to wash my vehicles with ONR, I really like the ability to rotate clean sides quickly so I know for sure it a clean pass.

After washing both vehicles, I have a pretty good size load of wash to do, going to the GS would greatly cut down on that, and I could use the MF`s for drying only.

I`d like to hear some different techniqes on how to use the GS. How many do you use per wash and/or per panel.

I know they are pretty cheap and easy to clean, so I`d rather use too many than not enough.

Thanks!

Macruz19
02-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I use one GS for my car.

I have 2 peices of the GS I cut for my wheels.

I just use the GS like I`m using a regular wash mitt. I pretty much use the same technique. WHen using ONR and I come across a more dirty panel, I simply squeeze more solution onto the dirty area and wipe clean.

Chris@Optimum
02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I love the GS but I keep a small Mitt/sponge combo in the ONR for around windows and trim cause the GS is so flat. One MF would be fine for these area too. JMO.

detaildoc
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Since the Lowes GS rinses perfectly clean, you only need one to do an entire car. In fact, I have done 3 cars in a row with the same GS and at the end, the GS was still looking like new. As long as you don`t use it on the tires it will be fine.

BRODEY1
02-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the responses, now I`m really pumped to try one out.

It will really cut down on my h20 usage not having to wash all those MF`s

Has the use of GS really taken off lately, or am I just now noticing all the posts about them?

Thanks again.

MattPersman
02-27-2008, 06:23 AM
GS have been around for a while. it got jammed into the lime light more recently (last 6 months) about the time I posted towards SpoiledMan about the my GS experience based on his recommendation of it and it blew up to over 300 posts about a friggin 2 dollar sponge :) seems there are new GS posts all the time now people looking at all the stores for new possibly better solutions to there use and liking

thetruthc32
02-27-2008, 02:54 PM
do you think the grout sponge from home depot will do the same thing?

QEP Extra Large Grouting Sponge, 7-1/2 x 5-1/2 x 2 In., Rectangle with Rounded Corners, 1 Pack Bag - 70005-144 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100173109)

MattPersman
02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I have 2 of those sponges and use them all the time, no complaints

jwgarrison
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
how well does the sponge hold suds? does it put swirls back in finish?

detaildoc
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
how well does the sponge hold suds? does it put swirls back in finish?

The GS from Lowes holds tons of suds (more than the HD GS) and won`t swirl your finish. Try one panel under the halogens so that you can see for yourself.

04LemansZ
02-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I picked up some GS from Lowe`s tonight. I`m not real sure what makes them different than any other sponge or better than a MF mitt. Anyone care to enlighten me?

BigJimZ28
02-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I picked up some GS from Lowe`s tonight. I`m not real sure what makes them different than any other sponge or better than a MF mitt. Anyone care to enlighten me?

just try it for your self you already spent the big money on it

or read some of the 100` s of post about the GS that have answered this question several times

detaildoc
02-27-2008, 11:25 PM
just try it for your self you already spent the big money on it

or read some of the 100` s of post about the GS that have answered this question several times

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/101657-better-grout-sponge.html?highlight=grout+sponge

detaildoc
02-27-2008, 11:26 PM

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/101657-better-grout-sponge.html?highlight=grout+sponge

04LemansZ
02-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Thanks, I`ve read that. That thread and this thread are part of what made me curious about the GS in the first place. I guess I`m just surprised because it`s not what I expected.

To me, it seems much harder than my MF mitt and seems as though it would cause swirls, but the testimonials say otherwise, so I`ll ONR the car after my exam Friday and see how it goes and report back :) My MF mitt has about had it anyways...I was going to order a new one with my next ONR purchase, but hopefully I won`t need to...