PDA

View Full Version : Please Review my Corrective Strategy!

fg3
02-24-2008, 02:04 PM
OK. In the past I`ve only used Meg`s and Zaino products. I`ve never used a RO Polisher or done any other type of machine application.

I`m getting ready to work on a 2005 350Z (dark gray) that i`m turning in in a month, but I just want to see what I can do with it. I also have a 2007 Cadillac SRX (black) with some minor swirling I would like to correct. I will be getting a 2008 Cadillac CTS (black) in the next month.

All this said, I`m re-stocking and coming up with my plan for my spring detailing. As an avid woodworker, I have a PC 7336 that I bought as a sander, so with a backing plate and pads, I`ve got my polisher. I`m planning on using LC CCS 6.5" pads.

So here`s where I`m at right now as far as strategy. I do want to stick with Zaino prods, as I am familiar with them and like the results.

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Menzerna IP

4. Menzerna FPII

5. Z-AIO

6. Z-5

7. Z-CS

8. Z-8

What do you all think? Would there be any benefit to Menzerna Finishing Glaze between steps 4 and 5?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or advice. Thanks!

carnut00
02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
I think it looks great to me. Should work real nice. I would not use the glaze because the ZAIO would take it off anyways. Good luck.

SmackTard
02-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Ya, skip the glaze...but otherwise those are basically my steps for polishing, they`ve served me well. You should post some before and afters of them though, I`d like to see how the 350z turns out :)

fg3
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Ya, skip the glaze...but otherwise those are basically my steps for polishing, they`ve served me well. You should post some before and afters of them though, I`d like to see how the 350z turns out :)

Here`s the pics of the Z:

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/103501-350z-my-first-machine-polish.html

Harbison215
03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
don`t understand why you would use either of the menzerna products when you are going to use the Z-AIO. i don`t see it being worth the extra time and effort when you are going to get a great finish from using either polish.

it won`t hurt to do it but im not sure any extra few hours of polishing are going to make such a difference, especially when you have so many other great products you will be using.

Accumulator
03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
don`t understand why you would use either of the menzerna products when you are going to use the Z-AIO. i don`t see it being worth the extra time and effort when you are going to get a great finish from using either polish..

IME the ZAIO, while more abrasive than, say, KAIO, doesn`t have the corrective abilities of something like the Menzerna polishes.