PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Products on new 08 Brilliant Black 300C

ramhunter24
02-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Have new Chrysler 08 300C in Brilliant Black with the metallic flakes. I have some small swirls and need some suggestions as I am getting ready to purchase some supplies to tackle this in the spring.

Would like to get some suggestions from everyone on what products I should be looking at purchasing to remove the swirls and really make the metallic flakes pop and have a deep wet look. I was thinking of getting Menzerna 106FF as a starting point but from there not really sure the best route.

Here is what I have currently:

ClearKote - Red Moose Machine Glaze (1/2 bottle)

ClearKote - Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze (1/2 bottle)

S100 Carnauba Paste wax

Old bottle of Zaino 2 Show car polish (just less than 1/2 bottle) must be 2 yrs or older

if I should toss this let me know

PC 7424

If you could please provide me with your suggestions I would really appreciate as I will be stocking up on some supplies. Please include best place to purchase these.

Thank you!

Glossmaster
02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Congrats on the "C"!! I bought the same car/color back in late September of 2006. I`ve used many different combos on it, up to this point. All with great results. When I 1st brought her home from the dealers lot, I noticed the dealer was nice enough to "install" some minor swirls & light scratches, all at "no extra charge". (lol) I went the Zaino route. Washed with Z7. Clayed. I got out my PC & polished with ZPC. I then applied/removed a thin layer of Klasse AIO. I followed that up with 2 layers of Z5 Pro. (Z6 in between) The following day I went with 2 layers of Z2 Pro (using Z8 between layers & a final buff with Z8) I think my avatar pic shows my car with the Z5 Pro before the Z2 Pro. It looked outstanding, yet it was still missing something. I just couldn`t put my finger on it. At certain angles, the paint appeared to have a grayish hue in direct sunlight. At other angles, it was deep & wet, with a ton of flake Pop. A week later, I topped the "Z" with Souveran. Oh my! That did it! I`m a nuba guy anyway. The Souveran was magical on my paint. As time has passed, I`ve found (for me) that Optimum & Menzerna polishes work the best on my paint. The Optimum polish is quite versitile in terms of using different pads with it.

Pink Moose/Souveran, or Pink Moose/CMW are killer looking combos. I`ve also used Pete`s 53, 50/50, DP max Wax, Meg`s 26, Trade Secret, Natty`s Blue, Pink Wax, OCW, and JW CJ with great results.

My favorite combo to date is: (after prep) Klasse AIO, Danase Wet Glaze (or CG EZ Creme Glaze) and 2 layers for JW AJT. Top that off with DG AW for a mouth watering, deep, dark, delicious wet look with a ton of flake pop.

I`ve also mixed up a bottle of 40% OCW-40% JW CJ-20% FK FX-100. I use that mixture just about once a month in the summer time as a booster to whichever carnauba I`m using at the time. (the sun is a killer on nuba lsp`s here in West Texas) Really extends the primary layer of carnauba lifespan. The mixture also can be used as a stand alone lsp. Great wet look!

As for QD`s, I use FK #425, QuikShine,Adam`s Detail Spray,Sonus Acryilc Spritz,Crystal Mist,Z6/Z8 most of the time. (depending on which lsp I`m using and depending on what time of year it is- Sealant lsp`s in the winter-Nuba in the summer)

For shampoos, I`ve had great luck with DG,Z7, and any & all of the CG shampoos. I love the CG Citrus Shampoo!

After a good polishing, most any lsp will look good. The prep is the key. But let`s face it.....It`s black paint! Welcome to the madness!! :woot2:

imported_themightytimmah
02-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I like Opti-Seal on that color.

Glossmaster
02-24-2008, 12:21 PM
For what it`s worth, if you wanna keep things simple, RMG (or pink moose) & Souveran is a jaw dropping combo, as is RMG (or pink moose) & CMW. ClearKote makes some good stuff. Top those combo`s with AW after each wash & call it a day. lol. AutoGeek is the site I`d recommend for all your supplies, if you`re looking for 1 stop shopping.

Glossmaster
02-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I like Opti-Seal on that color.

Poli-Seal as well.

musicdjs
02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
AWESOME MACHINE you have there. Let`s see some close up`s of those FLAKE POPS.

ramhunter24
02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for responses... I will definately get some shots of the car when it is done. I just took some shots of the car with the new custom front end I had put on. Can`t wait to get it detailed up with no swirls and those flakes poppin.

Joel_MD
02-26-2008, 04:03 AM
For what it`s worth, if you wanna keep things simple, RMG (or pink moose) & Souveran is a jaw dropping combo, as is RMG (or pink moose) & CMW. ClearKote makes some good stuff. Top those combo`s with AW after each wash & call it a day. lol. AutoGeek is the site I`d recommend for all your supplies, if you`re looking for 1 stop shopping.

Autogeek does not carry the products you just recommended, do they? I could not find them on the Autogeek site.

howareb
02-26-2008, 05:37 AM
For Clearkote products either go to Danase.com (http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=yhst-36459273653932&query=clearkote) or to Clearkote.com.

Glossmaster
02-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Autogeek does not carry the products you just recommended, do they? I could not find them on the Autogeek site.

You`re exactly right, they don`t. I was just recommending the Geek for one stop shopping. Danase would be a great choice as well.