PDA

View Full Version : Will mothers fx synwax remove KAIO?

Jscort98
02-24-2008, 06:12 AM
I just bought some KAIO and wanted to know if topping it with the mothers will remove it? If so, what kind of OTC wax can I use that wont remove the KAIO?

steelwind101
02-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Hello

Why would you mind to much if it removed KAIO? Kaio isnt going to win any points for looking nice or offering any better base then another all in one product. Its plus point is that cleans the paintwork and then if you have a picky sealant like Klasses Sealant then it will be bond with it.

Synwax looks good and is probably one of the better looking OTC products, really under rated. It doesnt clean as well as KAIO but is designed to go on to a well prepped finish. I posted question about ti a few yrs back and said it shouldent go over sealed paintwork and i should use a paintwork cleanser first. How accurate that was i dont know, but it certantly looked good and hasnt given me any hassle. :bigups

To behonest if your looking OTC for products to go over KAIO then i would consider Megs 21, Megs 26, Mothers Pure Nuba Paste wax. To be totally honest, all of those look a hundred times better over a glaze then straight up KAIO. However, you just sealed the surface with KAIO so how will oils get to the paintwork? They wont so you will wipe most off.

Personally i would either go back online and pick up something that can take advantage of KAIO finish like Werkstatt spray sealant.

Or send the AIO packing (back to where you got it!) and pick up some paintwork cleaner and then a different OTC wax.

Or! Just stick your Synwax over the KAIO and be thankful that you got a good clean on the paintwork from the KAIO.

Geoff

Alfisti
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
KAIO is a good product. A good base to add your LSP.

As Geoff said, don`t worry if FX removes AIO...no biggy. FX is a great looking sealant - especially on lighter and brighter colours.

Question for Geoff: do you think #21 has milder cleaners than FX? What has your experience been?

steelwind101
02-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Alfisti,

Im not really sure how much cleaners are in it. Im pretty sure it was Mothers who told me it had cleaning ability of its own and that i should put it straight on the paintwork. But if the paintwork had not been protected and i hadnent clayed to use a paintwork cleaner first.

That suggests to me that it probably has a lot of cleaning action. But its smells alot like showergel/aftershave/deodrant i couldent tell if it has a super chemical smell.

I just apply it post polishing as one step finish.

Sorry i cant be more help.

Geoff

steelwind101
02-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Just to confirm!

Go to WAXFORUM.COM and choose paintcare, at the bottom of the page (as of today) there is a Synwax question. It has the answer there:

It is a "mild cleaner wax" and putting on more then one coat would really only be removing the layer before hand. Keep it in condition with FX spray wax.

Geoff

BigJimZ28
02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
people really need to think of KAIO as a chemical cleaner only

as what it leaves behind in minimal at best

so use it as a base for anything

Jscort98
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
So after im done polishing with sfx2 and 3 I could just put on the synwax and it would be the same as doing the KAIO and synwax?

steelwind101
02-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Hello!

That would be correct Jscort98. You would not need AIO since the SF2 contains cleaners so the cleaning action would be complete and your ready for LSP. You will love Synwax, its very easy to use and gives nice results :up

Geoff

Alfisti
02-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Just to confirm!

Go to WAXFORUM.COM and choose paintcare, at the bottom of the page (as of today) there is a Synwax question. It has the answer there:

It is a "mild cleaner wax" and putting on more then one coat would really only be removing the layer before hand. Keep it in condition with FX spray wax.

Geoff

Thanks, but my question was about comparing the cleaning action of FX to #21 since both contain cleaners. ;)

steelwind101
02-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Hello Alfisti

FX is way more cleaning then #21.

I share the Meguiars opinion that the #21 has no dedicated cleaning action and is worth while glazing underneath for a deeper look.

So yes, FX is a mild cleaner wax, #21 is not.

Geoff

Alfisti
02-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Slightly off-topic: How would you compare #21 vs NXT1 in the cleaning department.

While Megs claims NXT isn`t a cleaner wax and that it has `slight` amount of cleaners, my experience differs. Comparing NXT to the several "cleaner waxes` I own, I find NXT nearly as strong.

Have you any experience in the cleaners in NXT vs #21 (seeing as #21 is often *considered* the pro version of NXT)?

steelwind101
02-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Hey Alfisti!

I have applied by hand NXT over DC2 and then just NXT on its own and notice a distinct difference on my soild green car. Im of the opinion that by hand NXT doesnt really clean, by machine however it certantly does.

I think 21 and NXT in terms of looks and cleaning are almost identical. I have noticed nothing by hand but topping up the products by machine they definatly have bit of cleaning power. The only real thing i notice between 21 and NXT is that 21 seens to look better for longer and have stronger beading for a longer period of time.

Geoff