PDA

View Full Version : New flex owner

LQ9SS
02-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I am proud to say that I received the Flex two days ago. I am really excited to use the machine but I have yet to buy pads and polishes. This is my first machine polisher and I am kind of worried about jumping into it. I am hoping there are some how-to`s on using the flex.

My main question is what pad and polish would you guys recommend for a beginner flex user? I would like something on the mild side as I don`t want to cause any paint damage. My truck`s paint has been well taken care of, and my main objective is to remove *minor* spider webbing and micro-marring. BTW, I have a Black 03 Silverado SS.

Thanks in advance.

detaildoc
02-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Try Sonus SFX 2 and 3 with the DAS Green Pad or the white Lake Country Pad. That should be very safe even at speed 6 with the Flex.

imported_DieselMDX
02-23-2008, 03:10 AM
I just rec mine and will be using it with a white pad just to get a feel for it.

LQ9SS
02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Try Sonus SFX 2 and 3 with the DAS Green Pad or the white Lake Country Pad. That should be very safe even at speed 6 with the Flex.

Are there any how-to`s on using this machine?

citizen arcane
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Not quite a "how to" but shows it in use:

Flex XC 3401 VRG vs. Porter Cable 7424 (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/flex_demo.html)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-23-2008, 01:24 PM
eshine.ca has the sonus sfx oads for 1/2 off.. great pad for the flex

LQ9SS
02-23-2008, 03:36 PM

So if I were to use the SFX 2, could I follow that with Zaino Z5 applied by hand? Or should I polish with the SFX, than remove the polish by washing with Dawn, and then apply the Z5?

LQ9SS
02-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Anyone? Please.

BigAl3
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I am proud to say that I received the Flex two days ago. I am really excited to use the machine but I have yet to buy pads and polishes. This is my first machine polisher and I am kind of worried about jumping into it. I am hoping there are some how-to`s on using the flex.

My main question is what pad and polish would you guys recommend for a beginner flex user? I would like something on the mild side as I don`t want to cause any paint damage. My truck`s paint has been well taken care of, and my main objective is to remove *minor* spider webbing and micro-marring. BTW, I have a Black 03 Silverado SS.

Thanks in advance.

always start with the least aggressive approach. you can start with a white LC pad/megs polishing pad, etc.. with a mild polish (optimum polish/#80 etc). do a test spot and go from there...

LQ9SS
03-15-2008, 10:59 PM
So if I were to use the SFX 2, could I follow that with Zaino Z5 applied by hand? Or should I polish with the SFX, than remove the polish by washing with Dawn, and then apply the Z5?

Anyone? Please.

jetset4me
03-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Welcome to Club Flex.:welcome

Dont forget to use the Flex sig on your posts.