PDA

View Full Version : Why isn`t this beading still?

8Banger
02-21-2008, 06:34 PM
about 2 months ago, maybe not even that long i clayed and waxed my mom`s 06 silver fusion. i did nxt 2.0 then about a week later i put a layer of OS on it and the next day i used some....ummm.....oh yeah another layer of opti-seal. anyhow, it`s been raining a lot here the past couple of days and my mom and i got home at the same time. my car beading like crazy :) and hers...not so much, it wasn`t really beading, it was just runny, i guess that can describe it. ***? how come this is happening? the car doesn`t get washed that often so maybe the dirt has something to do with it?

on a side note, we all know how swirls on random cars/items drives most of us crazy. does the lack of water beading do the same to any of you? i know it does to me :cooleek:

imported_JoshVette
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Did you clay or polish it first?

If not, there could be a significant amount of contamination on the surface that helped to keep the waxes from bonding well, plus figure NXT isn`t known for durability....

Not washing it also make the water not bead as much.

Sounds like you have a few factors to consider.:nixweiss

Josh

BigJimZ28
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
dirt does not bead

wash it and I am sure it will bead like crazy again

8Banger
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
when i applied the nxt and OS it was clayed, a couple weeks later when i added the layer of OS it wasn`t clayed, but it had only been like a couple of weeks. so wash it and it will bead again? thanks

also, i stopped by lows today and picked up one of their orange groute sponges...what is the rave about these? they look exactly like the home depot ones to me

i haven`t used it yet so i dont know how it performs

P1et
02-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I have found that certain paints seem to more "bondable" with certain products. My wife and I both have black vehicles. Hers is a Ford, I have a Dodge. With the wash regimen and the same products used and applied the same way, mine beads a LOT more for a LOT longer. Very strange, but true nonetheless.

BlueLibby04
02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
If your sponge is orange from lowes then you got the wrong one. It should be yellow.

DanSTi
02-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Honestly the only product I have used that still beads after a few months is Collinite 845. I detailed my mom`s car for her awhile back and I clayed, then applied KAIO and 2 coats of 845 and it still beads now, even though it rarely gets washed.