PDA

View Full Version : Green and careful steps - any suggestions?

cgjwill
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I am a casual detailer - but I get such a kick out of it, I find myself doing friends vehicles as much as mine. I have not done any power polishing - and will practice soon on my own car.

Here are my steps for an outside "detail".

Soap and rinse with a wand (no brush)- usually at a neighbourhood car wash

Dry with terry-cloth (once clean) - every bit of the car top down and doorjambs last

Clay bar and/or Zymol Cleaner Wax - apply with cotton towel, polish with cotton fleece

Wash wheels/tires and dry then apply Maguires wheel shine

Windows/q-tip the little stuff, etc

I usually spend 2-4 hours on a cars outside alone, and I take great care to avoid doing any damage to the clearcoat. The only problem I have with the interior is cleaning the carpet properly - I only have a shop vac, so I am limited to small stains I can get with a cloth - are there options for shampooing (other than going to a pro or using 10 cans of the "stain remover"?)

Could you suggest a quality polish and a good wax or sealant - as I have just realized that the cleaner wax is not a quality final stage wax/sealant.

Thanks for everything - this site has been an awesome resource, and all you pros and enthusiasts/crazies are doing incredible jobs. I hope to be a "crazie" soon.

-C:goodjob