PDA

View Full Version : Nead help on how to clean my rims :(

lukaszkas
02-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I have hyundai tiburon i asume rims vere never cleaned and brake dust got so build up that is hard and look like rust just black how to clean it ? :hmph:

BigAl3
02-18-2008, 01:46 AM
:welcome !

first... try using regular car soap/APC, water and a little elbow grease. if that doesn`t work try using an wheel cleaner such as Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner which can be bought OTC just about anywhere. you won`t know until you try...

http://eagleone.com/images/products/AWTC.jpg

New and improved formula with clinging suds for better cleaning.

Spray on, hose off

Safely removes brake dust from both wheels and tires

Acid free

Wheel manufacturer recommended

Clean your wheels and tires in one simple step. Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner has a new improved formula with clinging suds for a longer lasting, deeper clean. Just spray on and watch the thick suds remove dirt and grime, and hose off; it’s that easy. In just one simple step, your wheels and tires will be free of brake dust, dirt and grime.

Nothing complements a beautiful detailing job better than sparkling wheels and clean tires. Try All Wheel & Tire Cleaner and let the good times roll!

All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is safe for all types of metal hubcaps and steel or aluminum alloy wheels. Safe finishes include: anodized, clear coated, factory painted and chrome.

WARNING: DO NOT USE ON NON-FACTORY PAINTED WHEELS, MOTORCYCLE WHEELS, AND SOME ANODIZED WHEELS.

lukaszkas
02-18-2008, 01:49 AM
soap and water didnt help i didnt try the cleaners yet it looks like all the brake dust and like little chips are hardly stuck on the rim