PDA

View Full Version : Spray on Spray off Heavy Duty APC?

Grabby
02-16-2008, 04:51 AM
I`ve been looking for a good Spray on Spray off heavy duty apc. Something that`ll take care of heavy mileage dirt/scum/grime/tar in the wheel wells. It takes a lot of effort to really clean out wheel wells which entails taking off the tire to be able to scrub it with a brush and an APC.

It`s just some customers insist of getting it cleaned without wanting to pay for it. If I had a cleaner that I could just spray under the wheel wells then spray off with water, that would be great.

Grabby

npb
02-16-2008, 05:14 AM
CG grime reaper

Showroom Shine
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
AWESOME! Most Dollar Stores carry it. It`s $1 Let us know how it works. This stuff is Strong too!

Way2SSlow
02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
If you`re planning to use something extremely strong, be careful of any overspray getting to the wheels/tires or the paint on the fenders.

Bigpoppa3346
02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
First, why are you making customers pay just to get the wells clean? It might add, what, an extra 4 or 5 minutes to your total wash time to fully clean/dress them?

I really don`t think there is any product out there than you can just spray on and rinse off that will get the wells clean enough to Autopian standards.

Grabby
02-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I do clean them but a lot of fussy customers want me to take the wheels off to really get into all the nooks and crannies of the wells. Scrubbing is especially hard when dealing with lowered rides since I can`t get my hand and brush to easily go where I want to go so I charge extra for removal.

jimmybuffit
02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
We have good success with "Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner PLUS", diluted 4:1. Allow 5 minutes of dwell time and Pressure wash.

Please note that APC Plus is only available from Meg`s distributors, not from Meg`s directly...

Jim

Grabby
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Jimmy. I`ll look for it.

I had this in mind. A potent mix of Mark-V R.E.D. Degreaser. Something like 4:1. Would this help?

Grabby

jesselyons2002
02-17-2008, 12:25 AM
AWESOME! Most Dollar Stores carry it. It`s $1 Let us know how it works. This stuff is Strong too!

Use it and it sucks

Seankf1105
02-17-2008, 12:34 PM
We have good success with "Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner PLUS", diluted 4:1. Allow 5 minutes of dwell time and Pressure wash.

Please note that APC Plus is only available from Meg`s distributors, not from Meg`s directly...

Jim

ill have to agree with using a product like Megs APC+. it worked best for me diluted at 1 part water & 3 parts APC. let it sit while you clean the wheel and tire then spray off thoroughly. i have done this to probably over a few hundred cars and my car MANY times with no issues.

other products i have used that also work great are C.A.R. Products Pink Cleaner APC and Blast APC. im pretty sure though that most APC&D`s (D = degreaser) will suffice (such as Simple Green etc) as long as you use a strong dilution ratio

TTWAGN
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Meguiars Super Degreaser would be good.

However when you have say 2mm of dirt build up the product will just break down the very outter surface.

The only way is to scrub with a brush or use very high pressure water. A high pressure gun with a 90 degree angled tip firing sideways may allow you to clean the wheel wells of lowered cars.

You`d need a chemical so strong to remove 2mm of dirt that it would stain the concrete and cause severe harm to yourself and the environment.

Just use high pressure water