PDA

View Full Version : What Scratch Repair Kit/Method Do You Use?

kustomsol
02-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Did any of y`all see yesterday`s (14 Feb) Wall Street Journal article on "A Do-It-Yourself Facelift For The Car"? They reviewed 5 car scratch kits available on-line and/or from local retailers. Dr Colorchip Custom Auto Touch-Up Custom Paint Kit was the best as rated by them. I`ve never seen this one. What scratch repair kit/method is your favourite?

993-CT
05-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Bump...

I am trying to decide whether to use Colorchip. I`ve used Langka in the past with good results, but curious if anybody has experience with Colorchip?

reggie11
05-22-2008, 07:35 AM
^^^BUMP as well

I have a bunch of scratch and chips I am looking to repair. I am tossing up a few ideas...

I might try using Scratch X or 3M (what do you prefer) and then a finishing polish (by hand) first to see if that works...

I have also been tossing up the idea of using that Quixx system...I have heard some good reveiws..

Lastly I might try following the scratch repair walk through by Dave...but that is a long process.

All you experts out there need to post on this:help:

SuperBee364
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Accumulator has been known to use (at least parts of) the Langka kit.

This thread http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/70028-small-how-chip-repair-wetsanding-spring-cleaning-black-g35-56k-owie.html is the best information on paint repair you`ll be able to find anywhere, IMO. That thread should be in the Hall of Fame.

reggie11
05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks SuperBee....Autopian`s can always count on your for very informative posts. :clap:

Any one else want to chime in...