PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal

maxshine
02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Applied over OPS. It was a little tough to see how much had been applied. I could see it flash somewhat. Sometimes within a minute and some after 15 minutes. After about an hour or so I could see 1 or 2 small areas of residue, dust, - not sure how to describe. I`ll assume this was too much product. It wiped off easy. I did not see any streaking. The finish was slick but not as slick as UPP.

Is it worth it ? not sure. The care it takes to apply properly is a little tedious. Applying a normal sealant and wiping off isn`t that much more work.

I plan on using every other week thru winter and see if I like it. Next I`ll try the Ultima.

I really liked the OPS. It almost buffed (PC speed 4-5 w/white pad) out to nothing.

cajunfirehawk
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
plan on using every other week thru winter Wow, that seems like a lot, you dont think it will last longer? I would hope it would, I havent tried my bottle...

maxshine
02-14-2008, 04:26 PM
cajunfirehawk,

It`s not that i don`t think it will last, I just want to use it frequently for the next month or so to see how it layers, protects, etc. and gain some experience in apllying to see if I want continue using. I fugured I`d wipe on a layer after each ONR wash - roughly every couple of weeks.

Adam's Polishes
02-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I`ve been using OS on a lot of my regular customers cars (mainly lighter colors that wouldn`t benefit aesthetically from different products) and I have to say the stuff is pretty durable. Most cars are coming back to me on a 2-3 month interval and the OS seems to be holding up well, especially with repeated layers.

EBPcivicsi
02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
The title says "opti-seal" and your post body says OPS, which I would assume is Optimum Poli-Seal. Which are we discussing? Or did I miss something?

CleanGSR
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM
He said "applied over OPS" So I think he applied the opti-seal over poli-seal.

maxshine
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Just applied my second coat of Opti-seal after ONR. This time I used a waffle weave MF pad. I could not find any areas that had streaked or contained residue(too much product).

I`m curious if the initial base of Opti-Seal (first coat) benfits application of subsequent coats.

Legacy
03-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Just applied my second coat of Opti-seal after ONR. This time I used a waffle weave MF pad. I could not find any areas that had streaked or contained residue(too much product).

I`m curious if the initial base of Opti-Seal (first coat) benfits application of subsequent coats.

I put 3 coats of OS, 24 hrs apart with no problems. I didn`t see much of a difference in appearance after the 1st coat however.

Scottwax
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
If Opti-Seal isn`t pretty much clear in 30-40 seconds, you are using too much.

BlackElantraGT
03-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I was concerned about the durability of OS as the wipe on and walk away aspect of it is new to me. I applied it to my father-in-law`s car that wasn`t polished and wasn`t clayed and it got more than 5 months of durability from just 2 layers. IMO, it would have easily lasted longer but we had the SoCal fires this past fall and then some rain came and I wasn`t able to wash for about a week after that.

If you do a search for Optiseal beading you should find that thread along with a video of the beading and sheeting properties of OS.