PDA

View Full Version : I gave up the bucket today

Pages : [1] 2

Oil
02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes that is right. Along with my sponge and a bottle of soap, I need nothing else but the water hose.

I been borderline for some time now, but after applying polish and wax it seemed like the next step was for soap to be applied similarly.

Even though I use a sponge, I don`t see why just spraying your mitt down with a blast to loosen debris wouldn`t work as well.

Has anyone else seen the light?

aabablusaan
02-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I don`t think that the surface of the car would get enough soap to provide lubrication. But I could be wrong...

Oil
02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Wet the car, apply soap to sponge and/or car, work up a lather......there ya go!

Accumulator
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
I`ll sometimes let the foamgun keep the BHB soapy/wet/rinsed for quite a while, but I *still* dunk it in the rinse bucket now and then.

With other wash media, I just can`t get it as saturated as I can by dunking in the wash bucket. Even with the foamgun always spraying at the point of contact, it`s just not the same as filling a mitt with wash solution and letting it seep out while washing. And sponges seem to hold the most wash solution when they`re squeezed and allowed to "plump back up" while submerged in the wash bucket, drawing shampoo mix deep into their channels.

BHBs will rinse out OK with the hose, but not my other wash media; I can`t rinse mitts/sponges out as well with the hose as I can via full immersion (and kneading vigorously to force the rinse water through).

Two buckets?!? I usually use *four* :eek: I really like the convenience of having rinse/wash buckets on both sides of the washbay (at least with my multiple-pass technique where I`d be moving the buckets back and forth from one side to the other).

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Do this on a black vehicle for multiple washes.. take pictures of your paint under halogens eachtime and that is the only way you will persuade me or agruably most here on Autopia..

Most here are not looking to take the quickest way at the risk of inducing marring but quite the opposite.

Mark77
02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I also think you use alot more soap, without any benefit this way. But I use 3 buckets, no rinse buckets, but one for each side, with it`s own mitt + one for tires, wheels and wells. I rinse the mitt with the hose.

acrispy1
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Do this on a black vehicle for multiple washes.. take pictures of your paint under halogens eachtime and that is the only was you will persuade me or agruably most here on Autopia..

Most here are not looking to take the quickest way at the risk of inducing marring but quite the opposite.

No way.. I have 2 black cars and no way would i wash them or any of my other cars that way.

Even using caution i still may get some marring.

Chris@Optimum
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Oil Cannot Be A Real Person Based On The Questions He Is Asking (check His Other Threads), Do Not Bother To Answer, It Will Only Lead To Fruitless Information Exchanges!

BlueLibby04
02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Yea, hopefully no one will actually try this.

detaildoc
02-13-2008, 04:40 PM
No way! Swirl city.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
No way.. I have 2 black cars and no way would i wash them or any of my other cars that way.

Even using caution i still may get some marring.

My point exactly!!:woot:

Pennypacker
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Why does washing a car have to be a race to the finish? I can understand if you`re doing it professionally, but even then I think an ONR wash would be as fast as I`d want to get. I`ve seen people at the local DIY car wash racing around like their hair`s on fire with a big `ol scrub brush. Scary! Why even bother? Any time gained is then lost ten-fold anyway when it comes time to polish out all the wash-induced swirls.

So yeah, I agree with MotorCity.

Erik
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
trolling at its finest!!! :goodjob

howareb
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Well Eagle one tried this with their bucket free wash, so they must of thought that a market was out there for this method. It probably also explains why you can find it at dollar general for $1.00.

(I use it in my foam gun like Brandon 1 suggested). :D

Trollin Trollin Trollin!!!

Envious Eric
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Oil Cannot Be A Real Person Based On The Questions He Is Asking (check His Other Threads), Do Not Bother To Answer, It Will Only Lead To Fruitless Information Exchanges!

exactly what I have been saying since post 2 of his...