PDA

View Full Version : How much pressure to apply wax

jlau
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi. For applying wax by hand and foam pad how much pressure need to be use? When using the Menzerna finishing glaze and Souveran carnauba wax to remove water spots the water spot is not remove. Then apply the Menzerna finishing glaze using pressure and rub it fast the water spot is remove. Are there anything before applying the Menzerna finishing glaze to fill the scratch and hide it with the filler? How much pressure is use to apply the finishing glaze and carnauba wax? Thanks.

Oil
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the key for application by hand is to mimic the professionals. The use a PC and say to apply no pressure and let the weight of the machine do the work.

So, for us who use their hands I would recommend using the weight of your hand and not bearing down. Focus your energy on speed not power.

aabablusaan
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
light pressure, enough for the product to get out of the applicator, but I don`t think you`ll need much pressure, especially if you`re not using a cleaner wax.

mose
02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Just enough pressure to put the wax on the paint. It`s not a polish so you aren`t rubbing anything "in" to the paint. Focuz should be on even coverage and VERY thin coats!! The thicker the coat, the harder it will be to take the dried wax off!!

kkjv1
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I think you are using the wrong products to remove water spots/ water etching. Depending on how severe they are, i suggest using an AIO/ paint cleaner. Some use water & vinegar mixture to remove stubborn water spots.

jlau
02-14-2008, 02:15 AM
For the water spots the clay is use and it is not remove. When the Menzerna finishing glaze is use to hide the scratches the water spot is remove. Is Menzerna finishing glaze good to hide the scratch because the scratches is here and the scratch can not be feel by finger nail. Is the Menzerna finishing glaze need to apply a few times to hide the scratches? Going to apply the Klasse AIO to remove the water spots. Thanks.