PDA

View Full Version : Home Brewed QD/Spray Wax

Grabby
02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Gentlemen,

If you guys recall, I posted about mixing CarLack68 SG with water in a 1:10 ratio. It`s working fine and I can really feel the difference in slickness after it`s applied. What I did was I sprayed it on the surface using a fine mist atomizer so as not to dampen the MF towel too much, let it "dry" for about 30 seconds to a minute then using a dry side of the MF towel, buff it off.

I want to take it a step further so what`s your take if I add Adams Detail Spray (it`s the only QD I have on hand) to the mixture? I`m thinking a 50-50 mixture of Adams Detail Spray and Distilled Water then with that mixture, add CarLack68 SG in a 1:10 ratio. I`d want to leave out the distilled water but I`m trying to conserve my QD for experiments

Something like:

Let x = Adams Detail Spray

y = Distilled Water

z = CarLack68 SG

2x+2y+.4z = A 4 ounce QD with a 1:10 CarLack68 SG dilution.

Thanks,

Grabby

imported_etml12
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Grabby, sounds interesting. I`m not trying to discredit your efforts but your approach it highly empirical. Maybe if you define your goals or some sort of criteria (both for your sake and ours) to guide your efforts it can be more effective in terms of results and time/money invested.

Grabby
02-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I quantified this to set parameters for what I have to work with in my stock. It`s just that most products that are available to you gentlemen are not as readily available here in the Philippines. :aww:

My goal is to create a home brewed spray wax that has enough decent lubrication to avoid scratching the paint and so that the silicones in the QD would help my car shine better.

Grabby
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
So does anyone have a take on this?