PDA

View Full Version : aluminum wheels and purple power

nmxdaven
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I need something to use for my plastic front wheel wells and I was thinking of purple power diluted to a 4:1. Would this be safe to use on my aluminum wheels at this dilution? I`m going to be spraying it with a mister on the wheel wells and I wont be spraying it on the wheels themselves, but I want to know if the over spray happens to get on the wheels it wont make nasty marks.

Twista616
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Purple power is fine on almost any surface...as long as its diluted properly, 4:1 should be good for wheel wells...if you do happen to get it on the paint or anywhere you question yourself, just wash it off. Its harmless unless it sits there and bakes on...

DM101
02-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Purple Power to me is a no no on Alum. A strong detergent like dawn dish washing det. is much safer. Somes APC will dull the look of alum.

cajunfirehawk
02-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, undiluted like I use on dirty undercarriage areas will actually burn your hands/skin, what do you think it will be like on alum!

Joseph K
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
It`s fine if you dilute it... there is really no need for the intensity of it in its concentrated form, plus you don`t want to take any chances. I use simple green diluted about 5:1 when I clean my wheel well (liners) and wheels.

nmxdaven
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It`s fine if you dilute it... there is really no need for the intensity of it in its concentrated form, plus you don`t want to take any chances. I use simple green diluted about 5:1 when I clean my wheel well (liners) and wheels.

Have you used it on aluminum wheels at this concentration? Any negative effects?

Joseph K
02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I have used it on my stockers and my mom`s and sister`s honda wheels for a couple years now... does just as good a job as any wheel cleaner I have tried. No bad side-effects for me, and I can`t really think of simple green (even in concentrated form) doing any sort of harm to stock aluminum wheels... it`s not going to do any more than some of the good wheel cleaners out there do.