PDA

View Full Version : Which wax best for dark grey metallic ?

Pages : [1] 2

buja
02-12-2008, 05:28 PM
It`s almost time to get a new paste wax, my current p21s has been good in terms of looks but durability is average in the hot and wet climate downunder.

I have a dark grey metallic car, mitsubishi calls it graphite grey.

I have short listed these:

1) Pinnalcle Souveran paste

2) p21s 100%

3) DP max wax

I short listed these 3 , cos of their ease of use by hand.

which would you think suit better that would make the colour appear nicely and emphasis on the metallic flakes ?

also, not many ppl seem to have used the p21s 100% , would love to hear from those who have reviews on them.

cheers

onelazydawg
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
It`s almost time to get a new paste wax, my current p21s has been good in terms of looks but durability is average in the hot and wet climate downunder.

2) p21s 100%

3) DP max wax

which would you think suit better that would make the colour appear nicely and emphasis on the metallic flakes ?

also, not many ppl seem to have used the p21s 100% , would love to hear from those who have reviews on them.

cheers

DP Max / Sig Series II / Nattys Blue or Red

imported_Detailing Technology
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Of the listed, I`m a big fan of Souveran. I have 3 cans on ice.

detaildoc
02-12-2008, 06:11 PM

2) p21s 100%

3) DP max wax

cheers

My car is also a dark metallic gray, and I found that P21s100% really makes the flakes pop and has good depth. Souveran won`t last very long. I think P21s100% has better durability. If you want longer durability try Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

buja
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I thought bout clearkote as well, but found out that they are "highly flammable" and can`t be shipped to Australia.

as for durability, I will be putting on Optiseal after the wax. hmm so seems like 100% is the way to go.

and I`ll be getting the swissvax cleaner fluid normal strength to prep it for the wax.

only thing i noticed was that the normal p21s makes the paint appear brighter. n that would depend on personal preference i guess.

anyone else here used the 100% p21s yet ? hows the ease of applying n removing compared to the normal p21s ? that`s one thing i love bout p21s , the ease, but of course durability would suck, but i`m planning for opti seal, and hopefully it will last a bit longer

imported_etml12
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I know it isn`t on your list but I`ve always liked Pete`s 53 on dark metallics and pearls. I find that it doesn`t mute metallics like Souveran can.

imported_grease
02-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Dark grey Metallic? My personal favorite for that color would be UPGP + Z8. But of the waxes suggested, Id go with P21s for that color, even tho in general Id use Souveran. P21s 100 looks great on dark metallics.

To be honest tho, each of the 3 listed is going to look great with good prep.

imported_DieselMDX
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
souveran!!!!!!

buja
02-13-2008, 01:39 AM
i initially wanted to order souveran, but read that they might dull / mute metallics... which is making me think twice now.

I know it makes the colour deeper and richer, but i love my metallics ...

might try out the p21s 100%

Saumil
02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
i have a graphite gray mitsu as well...meg26 was beautiful...however, im looking for a new wax for graphite gray for this summer as well...glad you made the thread...

i was thinking p21s or souveran..i live in boston though (+ no garage), don`t know if i should go with something that may last a little longer

Alfisti
02-13-2008, 05:38 AM
I thought bout clearkote as well, but found out that they are "highly flammable" and can`t be shipped to Australia.

I get my CK from Danase.com and Exceldetail.com. I have no issues in receiving them. Should get an order from Danase (including CK) in a day or two. :up

I think CK`s flammability is over-stated. A bit like the silly new US restrictions on PD`s in paste waxes. :faint:

DM101
02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Po85rd, Red Moose Glaze, Souveran

Bigpikle
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Used Vic Concours on my graphite pearl Honda last year - looked lovely and lasted well. Also used UPGP and it had a lovely flake pop and very reflective look. I saw my wife drive the car along the main street past me one day and it just jumped out from the surroundings, which is something I had never noticed on a dark grey before.

I looked at shipping Clearkote stuff to the UK, but it is petroleum based so subject to special handling restrictions. Dont try and put it in your luggage on the plane.....

Alfisti
02-13-2008, 08:45 AM
I looked at shipping Clearkote stuff to the UK, but it is petroleum based so subject to special handling restrictions. Dont try and put it in your luggage on the plane.....

Read my post above.

Bigpikle
02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Read my post above.

I did, AND I spoke with the specific team at the airline to double check what it meant. It may be overstated but tell that to the airline.....