PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on next detail

bumoftheday
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I am about to order products for my next detail. I already have the clay and a PC 7424 with hook and loop backing. I am working on a 05 Mazda 3 with Carbon Gray Mica paint, which is a very dark gray.

This is what I`m looking at:

Sonus Paintwork Cleaner

Zaino Z2 with ZFX

Zaino Z5 with ZFX

Klasse AIO

P21S

I plan on getting the Sonus foam pad kit.

Any input before I order? Any better pads to consider?

Old Pirate
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
How`s the finish on the mazda? you might need some SIP and 106FF to remove the swirls on it and finish off with Z2 and Z5. I have not use the sonus pads yet but i have use LC CCS orange and white pads on my mazda5 and the finish looks great. Maybe someone who has use the sonus pads can help you, or maybe DB or Lynn can help you on which combo to use with the sonus pads to get for your detail......Good Luck and post some pic`s when your done!....:up

bumoftheday
02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
The paint is in pretty good condition, barring the rock chips on the front. It does have swirls, but they are very minor and are hard to see most of the time. It has never been through an auto car wash and has always been waxed at 3-4 month intervals.

imported_themightytimmah
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
If you want to go the Zaino route, you might want to swap KAIO for ZAIO and P21S for Zaino Clear Shield. Z8 is also a must-have with Zaino.

If you don`t care to go the Z route, get the finishing polish of your choice, Opti-Seal and Pinnacle Souveran. It`ll come out about the same pricewise, but it`s a slightly different look at the expense of durability.

If you like to wax every 3-4 months, go with Zaino. If you don`t mind waxing every 3-4 weeks to turn a few more heads, go with the 2nd combo.

KnuckleBuckett
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I would check into the EDGE pads and quick disconnect adapter. Get everything you need in a kit. I really like mine and the great customer care.

Maybe something along these lines...

The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit includes The Edge 2000 DuraFoam Pads & a dual action Edge Adapter. edge foam pads, double side pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html)

bumoftheday
02-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Would you not recommend using Zaino as the polish and a non-Zaino wax then?

azenthusiast
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Would you not recommend using Zaino as the polish and a non-Zaino wax then?

There really is no black or white, right or wrong method. It all depends on the finish you are trying to achieve. For many of us, experimentation has proven to be the best method. Plus, there is a lot of brand loyalty on here, so what one person thinks is the best product is worthless to someone else. Your list looks good to me, so what I would recommend is to try it out, see how it does, and then try to decide what you would like to do differently the next time.