PDA

View Full Version : Dont think I will be using NXT wash any more

Pages : [1] 2

badfish
07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I am just about finished with this bottle I bought last year and dont think I will go this route again. It seems to lose it suds way too fast. By this I mean I could use double what the instructions say, mix up a good bucket of suds only to get half way through my wash and find that all the suds are floating on top and the rest underneath that is just water. I am constantly having to "remix" it with my wash mit and even then it doesnt do a good job.

I do use the 2 bucket method so I`m not sure what is up with this stuff.

ZaneO
07-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I`ve had pretty good success with this soap. Lasts long enough to do a full-size SUV.

edschwab1
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Do you have hard water or a high mineral content in your water?
Does the mixture below the foam head still feel slick or have cleansing ability?

Eric

Beercan31
07-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Do you have hard water or a high mineral content in your water?Eric

I have not found Hardness a factor with the Meg`s washes, but still a good question to ask.

I have found that if your using HOT or WARM water in your wash bucket the Meg`s washes will not last a whole car wash. Use cold water only.

I have had the same problem you are experiencing and water temp solved mine.

Hope this helped

Good Luck
Rich

Mr. Clean
07-19-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with the suggestion that the "sudsing problem" may be water related. I`ve been through a couple of bottles and have been satisfied with the amount and longevity of the suds. It is currently my favorite OTC wash soap.

ZaneO
07-19-2005, 07:44 PM
We have pretty hard water, FWIW.

ShineProDetails
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
It`s your water......

AspenF150
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
I might be in the same boat as you are badfish. The local water supply here in town is not exactly the greatest either. I do not think it is hard water purely but it is pretty close. Meg`s does make some good car washes in there consumer line but I do prefer Hyper Wash.

Correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it, alot of car washes are meant to clean and when select car washes come into contact with hard water, then the car wash cleans the water taking away some of the slickness and sudsing ability for it`s primary purpose, washing you car,,,98

badfish
08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I would say the water here is moderately hard, nothing to complain about too much. I used the last of it today actually and it seemed to do a little better in holding up. This soap has been very good for me but I think I am going to shop around a little bit before buying another bottle of it.

As far as the water temp goes I use it straight out of the hose so it is fairly cold.

Jngrbrdman
08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow. I`ve never experienced NXT losing suds before. In fact, I usually use NXT to showcase what an excellent car wash should be. I can have a bucket of suds sitting in the sun for an hour and still be foamy. It holds suds better than just about any other car wash I`ve ever used, and trust me I`ve used a lot of them. lol

Demontooth
08-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I can see it now, I am going to have to start going to Wal-Mart and stocking up on the gallons of spring water to wash my car with :headbang

mtodde
08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
I have not found Hardness a factor with the Meg`s washes, but still a good question to ask.

I have found that if your using HOT or WARM water in your wash bucket the Meg`s washes will not last a whole car wash. Use cold water only.

I have had the same problem you are experiencing and water temp solved mine.

Hope this helped

Good Luck
Rich

This is a great point and why most car wash directions say to use cold water. I used to always use hot water for my car wash bucket until I tried cold water; that was before I really learned HOW to wash a car.

In my experience using hot water can cause a reduction is slickness and sudsing...I really don`t worry about suds since I`ve discovered how great Perls is, but that is the biggest thing many of us look for in terms of how good a wash is.

The quality of your water can also make a difference in how different washes work. I`ve also learned that some washes need to be added to a "dry" bucket then filled with water and some washes it really doesn`t matter as long as you use a jet of water to get suds.

usdm
08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
At my dad`s shop, the suds go down much faster
than they do at my house. So I am inclined to agree
that water quality is a factor. My main reason for not
using it as much anymore is that I find it seems to strip
the slickness off the paint surface faster.

daos
08-16-2005, 06:49 PM
We have very soft water here in Louisiana. The water is so soft that lathering soap in the shower is no problem at all. This is why I was slightly confused when into a 10 minute car wash with NXT, the suds had already dissapeared and I was only left with plain water. Of course, I aggitated the bucket and some suds came about, but by the time I got back to the bucket, they were gone again. It became very aggrivating, but I think the soap was still slick.

However, I would like to find a soap that not only holds its cleaning properties, but also keeps the suds apparent. Does PoorBoys wash do this?

yankees1
09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
I find NXT very good with a lot of suds even when using hot water! Must be your water!