PDA

View Full Version : Topping over Jeff Werkstatt

lexusgs
02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I just polished my black Lexus GS430 and my parents black Acura TL and CL. I applied Werkstatt Prime and a layer of Werkstatt Gloss wax (which is a pain to take off unless you apply it super thin). Do you guys recommend anything on top of the JF AG to enhance the wetness/shine. I am happy how it came out but do most of you just stop there or do you apply some kind of Carnuba afterwards or just keep laying it with JW AG for a deep wet look on black cars. I heard some people recommending collinite 845 for enhanced gloss and even more protection against bird bombs but some others say it is not really that good for black or dark colored cars. Would Megs NXT be a good topper or is the JW products about as good as its going to look. The Lexus is parked outside most of the time so I would the best protection. Thanks.

imported_smprince1
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
For me, I prefer to just use the Werkstatt products (or whatever product gives the results you personally prefer) and re-apply as needed.

I think this topping obsession can result in one chasing one`s own tail searching for the LSP Holy Grail ... :laugh:

Also, be careful what you top with if you do decide to go that route. For example, I believe Megs NXT has cleaners that might harm/strip the Werkstatt product.