PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to the Leaf Blower?

David Fermani
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Seems like a great way for Coin-Op Car Washes to make money:

Air Shammee:

Diskin Systems (http://diskinsystems.com/)

Grimm
02-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I don`t know if it would be a lot. I doubt most people that use a coin op care about drying the car afterwards.

cajunfirehawk
02-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I don`t know if it would be a lot. I doubt most people that use a coin op care about drying the car afterwards.

I really dont think that is an accurate statement, have you never seen those "drying towel" vending machines....:bigups I know I am not the "norm" but If I take my car out for a 1 hour drive and it just has some minor dust and a few bugs, I spray it down with rinse only water, then waffle weave on site normally followed by a QD swipe. I think a lot more people dry than you would think...IMHO.

David Fermani
02-10-2008, 02:28 PM
The after wash-items/machines/vending is very profitable for coin-ops. Along the same lines as the convenience stores for gas stations.

Richard@BlackWOW
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I don`t get it. Is this just a coin op air blower?? Like compressed air?

BlueLibby04
02-10-2008, 03:00 PM
They suck. A new car-wash was recently put in around here and it has those. I was pretty excited to give it a try and was very disappointed. It had alot of potential but it doesnt put out enough air to blow rice rice krispies out of my bowl of cereal.

Accumulator
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Too bad they`re not potent enough, I too think a lot of people would go for it (at least in my area).

Guess there might be liability issues if it *were* really powerful though..

BlueLibby04
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Too bad they`re not potent enough, I too think a lot of people would go for it (at least in my area).

Guess there might be liability issues if it *were* really powerful though..

It was a great idea! I dont understand why they couldnt of had a nice compressor setup with a regular air hose. That would work better than anything.

Accumulator
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
BlueLibby04- I bet somebody would blow off their side molding and sue `em over it :rolleyes:

I can never dry well with my regular air hose...it`s just too small/concentrated :nixweiss

Now if they could hook up some commercial version of my AirWand, that might be good...but it really only works well on a well-LSPed finish.