PDA

View Full Version : Whats the quicks and effient way to wash a car with 2 people?

NTRD
02-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Hey Guys,

I`ve been a detailer for about 2 years running and i am trying to perfect and create a system with 2 guys to wash a car in under 20 min... please share your process & suggestions?!?!?

the way I do it now with 1 person...

1. Start by pressure washing all the wheel wells, tires, and rims degreasing them & scrubbing...

2. wet & rinse body of car, apply soap with square wool mitt.

3. rinse soap off with pressure washer using DI water.

4. open doors, vacuum

5. disinfectant/lemon wipe down seats, dash, console, steering wheel, door panels etc

6. wipe windows inside.

7. spray air freshener, shut doors

8. exterior windows, then wipe excess water with micro fiber towel...

9. dry wheels, and wipe any leftover grease and break dust off.

10 apply V.R.P tire dressing

with two people...

Person one... pressure washes wheels, tires, wells, and wets body of car then drops the pressure washer gun and starts to shampoo exterior body of car. while person two... degreases and scrubs tires, and wells and when finished, then picks up the gun and begins to rinse off soap from body and wheel wells.

person one then opens doors from the rinsed side of vehicle and begins to vacuum while person two continues to rinse the other side, once person two is finished rinsing he then proceeds to disinfect and wipe down solid vinyl, plastic, and hard surfaces (not windows).

typically they will both finish vacuuming, and wipe down at the same time, then both people take a side of the car to do the windows (interior and exterior)... then wipes the wheels, dry and excess water...

Do any of you guys know any short cuts or do you think it might be faster to do an Inside out wash. (starting with interior then working your way out??? please help! thanks!

Monte78Carlo2k1
02-10-2008, 03:05 AM
When my ex-gf helped me wash my car or her car I had her do the inside of the car what she could while I washed the exterior of the car.

TTWAGN
02-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Having two people washing the exterior of the car will most likely make it 50% quicker not 100% quicker.

You`d be best off having one person do the exterior and one do the interior. Have one person jump into the car and shut the doors and they clean the vinyl surfaces while the car is being pressure washed and shampoo-ing the car. Then while the exterior is being dried with the doors open then the car can be vacuumed.

You could even get the exterior person to clean the wheels/tyres first while the interior person vacuum`s the car. Then the interior person gets into the car and shuts the door while the car is pressure washed and shampoo`d.

imported_Detailing Technology
02-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I vote and can defend a time savings with FEFT and RIGHT.

Both start on the roof work down.

Both sides of the car have the same supply set up. Buckets, vacuum, microfiber, hose, ect.

Mark77
02-10-2008, 07:56 AM
When I help friends with detailing their car, they usually help at first, but they are more in the way than to any help. But I like when someone gets stuff and bring it out of my way when I don`t need something any more.

JimmyTow
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I would suggest split the vehicle down the middle. Both wash both rinse. Each get 2 tires, rims and wheel wells. I find it`s the simplest solution. Just remember it`s not a race to see who gets done first. Everyone is different and has their quirks about what they are doing. Bottom line you both have to be 100 % the vehicle is ready for delivery.

Todd@RUPES
02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Best way... ********, smoke cigarettes, and drink a beer with the client (or better yet chat on the cellphone infront of the client) while your partner does all the work. When your partner is about done with the car, grab a towel and lazily "towel it" while contiuning to smoke cigarette and continue your in depth conversation with the client.

When your partner is all done, give him a slightly aggraviated look (to let them know you are not 100 percent happy with how long it took them), but offer a cigarette to ease the pain. Also, do not be afraid to stop your partner and point out every step they missed or throw out additional comments like...

"Get behind the wheels..."

"Lugnuts, lugnuts....."

"Rinse the mirrors off....."

"Dude (or dudette) the sun is comming out, you better hurry..."

"You should probably start claying while the car is wet, but you have to work just a little faster (this one works best if your hands are very far apart, to mock your partner)."

Also, never be afraid to "help" your partner by drying the door jambs while blowing your cigarette smoke in to the car. This creates an easy upsell, "Sir, would you like us to remove that odor?"

Old Pirate
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Your partner works cheap! that`s a good one Todd!........:lol

Chris@Optimum
02-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I can`t see you doing a quality wash and INTERIOR in 20 min even with 2 people. If you want speed on the outside, you could do two ONR buckets and each person take a side. One guy then starts vac while the other preps the wheels and tires. As the vac guy moves to the other side, wheel guy comes over to side 1 and does the wipedown and windows. vac guy hits the jambs, grill, and gas door while #2 finishes side 2. The ONR saves the pre-wash and some drying time.

Seankf1105
02-11-2008, 12:24 AM
once the car is totally rinsed and foamed one guy cleans the wheels tires and wells while the other washes. IME typically doing the wheels can take just about as long as washing the car if they are bad. once car is rinsed/sheeted one guy dries thoroughly and applies tire dressing while the other does the interior. in my experience this takes about 35-45 min to do a thorough job.

oh and i think you can also cancel out the air freshener unless a customer goes out of their way to ask for it