PDA

View Full Version : what are some interior/exterior accessories you can do without?

Pages : [1] 2

BigAl3
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
i know certain things come standard on vehicles, and sometimes i`m sure we wish they didn`t. here are mine... what are some of yours?

interior = leather seats

exterior = splash guards

Bigpoppa3346
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
interior = navigation

exterior = front bug/stone guard thing (usually black plastic, goes on front of hood)

BlackElantraGT
02-09-2008, 11:00 PM
interior = sunroof/moonroof: My car has one but I hardly ever use it. Maybe if I had a sunroof deflector I might use it more?

exterior = factory upgraded/plus-sized wheels/tires. I hardly ever like the look of OEM wheels, and for the extra cost I would rather get aftermarket wheels. Bigger selection and cheaper! The only reason I`d upgrade from the factory was if it was part of another package that I wanted/needed and I had no choice but to pick it.

Invigor
02-10-2008, 08:27 AM
exterior - dealer stickers and running boards.

interior: tan and silver interiors are the devil. and goofy auto transmission sticks that have you move all over the place, rather than a nice linear setup.

imported_dazzerjp
02-10-2008, 08:35 AM
interior = navigation

exterior = front bug/stone guard thing (usually black plastic, goes on front of hood)

navigation? are you crazy? sat navi is one of the coolest thing especially if its a decent big screen unit. i love it. technology ! plug me in

interior - non retractable rear seat arm rest dividers - a la honda prelude. unbeleivably bad idea for many reasons that i wont go into here

exterior - HID lights. like driving into full beams. dont believe the hype just save your money and drive around with your full beams on - same

imported_Yal
02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Not a big fan of ground effects. Sometimes you go up to the sport or luxury model and they slap on the ground effects standard, and you find yourself thinking well that actually makes it look a lot worse :)

Never liked sunroofs.

KnuckleBuckett
02-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Interior = cup holders (compared to the rest of the car they are poorly designed)

Exterior = Gotta pass here. Perfect exterior.

kkreit01
02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I can do w/o:

Interior:

Navigation. I would never pay up to $2K for this option -- when I can still read a Rand McNally for $5. Yahoo Maps and Mapquest = FREE. (PS -- I don`t have an ipod or Sat Radio either:) )

Auto Temp Control: I`ve never had it, but have been in cars with it. I`d rather be in control -- and run my AC or Heat only when necessary.

If we are talking "aftermarket accessories, my list is very long:)

3puttjay
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Interior: satellite navigation- Why would you pay an extra $2000 for this when you can get a garmin for around $300, plus you can take it with you when move to another car.

Exterior: I have had sunroofs on several of my cars and have never used them. if it wasn`t part of the overall package I would never order one.

SoCalR
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Interior: Nothing, I`m happy with it

Exterior: My stupid little headlight wipers.

BobD
02-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Interior: Navigation (I get to where I need to on my own) and ash trays.

Exterior: Gaudy stick on decorative parts like on the front fenders of some Buick`s and other GM cars.

imported_memnuts
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
HP and Torque. :D

BigJimZ28
02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
HP and Torque. :D

you can do WITHOUT HP and Torque?

Accumulator
02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Referring to love/hate stuff on our current vehicles:

I can live without navigation too...never even did the initial setup in either of the Audis.

The Denali XL has all sorts of stuff I`ll never use...OnStar and such.. and I *hate* roof racks on SUVs. I never put stuff on the roof and they`d look better/cleanup easier without the rails.

Speaking of the roofs, I can`t remember the last time I opened a sunroof except to detail its channels, and I`d rather not have to mask off the edging every time I polish (the felt stuff on the Audis is fragile).

The new A8 project car has "anti-thermal" glass that blocks my V1...probably gonna change it (what an expense that`ll be :o ) as I don`t like any of the available remote radar detectors and I can`t find the guy who used to make `em out of V1s.

I`ve never needed headlight washers and they spray all over the car whenever I use the (windshield) washers at night. I can see the point, but they oughta be on a separate switch. Ditto for airbags and inertia switches for fuel pumps.

I wish they still offered switches to disable the ABS, at least I can still turn off the stability/traction control systems.

Gotta say that I`ve come to *really* like auto climate control. Our vehicles that don`t have it would suit me better if they did...which always surprises me given how I used to dismiss it as unnecessary before I got used to it. Must be gettin` old :D

I`m always surprised how little I care about memory seats, but Accumulatorette and I don`t change things all that much between the two of us. She`d say that heated seats are a must-have.

I`m a *big* fan of good headlights. Still gotta aim `em right (and the factory settings are seldom optimal) and IMO not too many *are* aimed correctly. I`ve driven identical cars with/without them, and the difference is dramatic. At certain speeds it`s a real safety issue to have good low *and* high-beams.

Why are foglights seldom adjustable and virtually *never* aimed right?!? Seems like they`re just for show these days, and that`s a shame. Rear foglights (the extra-bright tail light type) are great and oughta be standard...but I wonder if joe-average would think to turn it on. In my area too many people don`t even turn on *any* lights unless it`s pitch-black.

JohnZ3MC
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
The champagne refrigeration unit in the rear seat of the Maybach. It`s just too hard to reach from the driver`s seat.

-John C.