PDA

View Full Version : NXT 2.0 over glazes?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bigpikle
02-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I just got some NXT 2.0 liquid and was wondering if it will work OK over a glaze like no 7 Show Car Glaze or perhaps RMG? Also wondering if there is any value in layering this? I`d like to get the wettest look I can.....

I heard it has cleaners in it, but also remember reading somewhere that all the Megs products were supposed to work OK together?

Any insight would be very helpful.

Thanks

slippy
02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
It will remove anything underneath itself,so you will waste the glaze and each additional layer will remove the previous,so you only ever end up with one layer.

If you want to get one of the `wettest` looks possible,try using RMG,YMW,CMW.

steelwind101
02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hello

I have not tried this yet! But for what i gather it is not a cleanerwax, just an improvement on the old formula. The old NXT had to be applied by machine to get any cleaning action so suspect that this will work fine over any oil based glaze when applied by hand.

Any who has it feel free to comment, Mike Philips hasnt mentioned its a cleaner wax so you should be good to go.

Most Meguiars sealants are compatible with TS oil based glazes they sell.

Geoff

Bigpikle
02-08-2008, 01:24 AM
cheers guys - have RMG & YMW so quite liked the idea of trying this over them, maybe with a couple of layers.....

Really looking forward to seeing the hydrophobic action as we head into a wet spring :D

BlueLibby04
02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Correct, NXT isnt a cleaner. Many people use it over #7 as do I.

wannafbody
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM
The old NXT had cleaners and abrasives so I suspect the new version does to. That being said it probably will work. I remember reading where Mike Phillips said that oils help Megs products bond to a surface.

steelwind101
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Im pretty sure it did not contain abrassives?

As for cleaners, it the same as RMG, by hand you will notice nothing. On machine you will get something.

Geoff

dave40co
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I used it on a car I washed but did not clay or polish, the pad was VERY dirty when I was finished so I believe there are cleaners in it. I applied and removed it by hand.

steelwind101
02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I used it on a car I washed but did not clay or polish, the pad was VERY dirty when I was finished so I believe there are cleaners in it. I applied and removed it by hand.

Like wise i have seen friends and people on forums applying Megs DC 2 (pure) Polish and come up with dirty apps.

wannafbody
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Im pretty sure it did not contain abrassives?

As for cleaners, it the same as RMG, by hand you will notice nothing. On machine you will get something.

Geoff

The old version had kaolin clay in it- that is an abrasive and acts as a cleaning agent along with other chemical cleaners.

2KLS1
02-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I remember Mike Phillips describing NXT Tech Wax (and Gold Class as well) as a polish/wax but not a cleaner wax at one of the Megs Saturday classes. I`m not 100% sure but what I think this means is that it has very slight cleaning abilities. A lot less than say their cleaner wax. How much would this affect RMG or # 7, I wouldn`t know. Don`t most of Meg`s products work well together?

jfelbab
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I`ve used this combo recently. NXT 2.0, like its predecessor, does not remove the glaze and the resultant finish does look wetter with #7 under it than without. I used this combo on a 17 year old SS solid color red paint that was in excellent condition. In the past, the glaze never had any effect on the longevity or durability of the original NXT or #21 in my experience.

Bigpikle
02-11-2008, 03:20 AM
well I used it yesterday, but not over any glazes, just over some Colli 476, and it looked great and the applicator showed no signes of any cleaning going on... so I`m sure it will be safe to use over something ike #7 or RMG etc. If the weather holds I have another car to do today so may try it over the last bit of my #7 sample and see how it looks :D

here`s two from yesterday - NXT 2.0 over 3 month old 476...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj12/bigpikle/Detailing/NXT%20test/NXT2_1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj12/bigpikle/Detailing/NXT%20test/NXT2_6.jpg

aabablusaan
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I did this on Saturday, but with the old NXT version. Applied #7, then NXT, and "walla," perfect finish.

cajunfirehawk
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Did the same this weekend too with NXT 2.0 over adams butter, no sign of any cleaning nor does the 2.0 bottle say anything about cleaning?