PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of Armorall?

the727kid
02-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I need to get rid of it so I can get tape to stick to my doors (fiberglass projecT), figure you guys on this forum would know.

Holden_C04
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Try rubbing alcohol mixed 50/50 with distilled water.

BigAl3
02-07-2008, 12:29 AM
try some glass cleaner...

BuffMe
02-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Diluted simple green, detergent, or any all purpose cleaner combo should work, along with that Holden said.

wfedwar
02-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Alcohol, ethyl or isopropyl, cut with water or straight.

jshillin
02-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I need to get rid of it so I can get tape to stick to my doors (fiberglass projecT), figure you guys on this forum would know.

If the panels saw much armorall, get new door panels before you mess with them.

I did this a couple years back, pre-autopia. I bought some new panels and thought I`d be good with the old ones that had AA on them if I cleaned them well, and I was wrong. The panels I bought from a junk yard that were all nasty and dry, you could tell didn`t have anything on them. Cleaned them up and everything stuck great and stayed. I cleaned my old panels with ISO, lacquer thinner, prepsol and degreaser. I roughed up the places where I was putting glass with a grinder before I put down any glass. It stayed for a while, but popped up on the panels that had AA, but stuck for as long as I had the car on the panels that didn`t. Everything that wasn`t glassed was sanded smooth, applied adhesion promoter, primed with a good medium build primer, PPG base coat clear coat. Again, the panels that I replaced stayed perfect, the AA`d panels flaked off in no time...

Save yourself the headache, replace the panels and throw away every bottle of armor all that you own.

the727kid
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
^^^ If I could even find an older model of my car, let alone a new one in a junkyard or doorpanels for cheap I would. I think the cheapest I ever seen the door panels was $500. As long as I can get the tape to stick I will be good, the door had a pocket I removed which had 8-9 mounting points, which I would bolt the glass down through there, it wouldn`t pop off t all lol.