PDA

View Full Version : Is it LSP Ready?

imported_DetailDan
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
What does LSP ready mean to you? Please explain your answer in detail.

Macruz19
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
When my paint is about 100% defect free, clean, and ready to lay the final product (wax/sealant) to protect my hard work.

Mark77
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Well I usually like to feel the paint more than look at it from different angels, lights and so on. If it feels smooth then LSP ready.

Accumulator
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
When it`s as corrected as I`m gonna get it..lots of things factor into how far I take the correction, all depends on the vehicle. Most of the time I go for near-perfection under any lighting condition, but on vehicles with bad etching, lots of prior-owner damage, and/or thin paint that`s not always possible, sometimes not by a long shot. But if I think I can safely get a vehicle better, I don`t apply the LSP but rather keep working on the correction.

imported_DetailDan
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
bump.......

imported_rydawg
02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Great post Dan!

I totally agree with what you are trying to understand. LSP ready to some just means it is ready to wax or seal. Whether it is trying to remove some swirls, but the finish is still hazy, or a glaze it used to fill before the LSP.

To me, this is what LSP ready is.

1. Wash and clay and use a chemical solvent cleaner to release all the trapped dirt deep into the paint.

2. Remove all defects and oxidation using different compounds.

3. Remove all compounding swirls and give it a great bottom end base gloss.

4. Remove all ultrafine holograms and finnesse the paint to an all time high reflective gloss to the max.

5.Wipedown with solvent to make sure everything is 100% perfect to my liking under quad halogens and make sure the surface is 100% ready for bonding.

To me, it`s all about bringing the gloss to the maximum peak without LSP`s. LSP is just the protection and the added bonus to highlight my superb work.

Some people say their finish is LSP ready... I say come hang out with me for 15 hours, I`ll give you a whole new outlook on what perfection is without my LSP.:chuckle:

But that`s just my opinion.

There are different levels of LSP ready too...

1. Customer budget.

2. Time

3. Season

4. PC versus rotary

5. Newbie versus pro

6. Self claimed pro versus a machine polish master

7. Lighting

8. Experience

9. Trained eye

10. The list can go on and on.

Old Pirate
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Perfect write-up Rydawg!........

detaildoc
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
For me it is when:

1) I have corrected the paint as much as it is possible by claying and polishing.

2) I have removed any haze that might have remained after using a heavy polish.

3) I have brought the paint to a nice gloss.