PDA

View Full Version : Auto Detailing Solutions: Prem. Qual. 16" x 16" Microfiber for quick detailing?

Rento_VW
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Anyone know if these "Premium Quality 16" x 16" Microfiber Towel" are good for quick detailing? What other things could I use them for?

They`re from Auto Detailing Solutions and the description reads:

Ultra Absorbent towel holds up to 7 times it weight. Super Soft Ultra fine fibers are softer than silk. Superior quality allows for many washes and reuses. 70/30 split fabric is 100 times finer than human hair containing 90,000 microfibers per square inch. Great to use dry for anti-static buffing and polishing. Use the towels wet for streak-free/lint free cleaning.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6237/microfiberforebay1ae5a2vy3.jpg

Thanks guys!

Radicalrev
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
looks good...

Legacy
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Seems like you can do everything, but I would use a guzzler for drying and a waffle weave for glass. Don`t use those nice mf on your wheels or engine. Get those from target or costco.

BigAl3
02-06-2008, 01:08 AM
those look to be similiar to the mf`s you can get at sams club/costco but for cheaper...

Radicalrev
02-06-2008, 01:23 AM
70/30 blend sounds better than the costco`s...lol

BigAl3
02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
70/30 blend sounds better than the costco`s...lol

but are they softer & thicker, you`d be surprised sometimes. judging by the price for 12 of them at $9.99 (probably more like "economy" mf towels), you can find the orange vrooms at target instead.

word of advice to those who buy the orange vrooms towels ar target, sift through the pile and pick the softest batch they have. you can tell by looking and feeling them, they are inconsistent and also in color as well...

detaildoc
02-06-2008, 01:47 AM
those look to be similiar to the mf`s you can get at sams club/costco but for cheaper...

I was about to say that. They look like the ones you can get at your local auto parts store, but then, only by feeling and trying them you will know. If you get them, do a CD test.

BlackElantraGT
02-06-2008, 04:38 AM

sometimes it`s hard to tell just from photographs, but I have to agree with Al that they look similar to what you`d find at Sam`s Club or Costco.

the other pc
02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I bought a bunch of them expecting them to be comparable to other cheap towels. I was pleasantly surprised that they are actually very nice, heavier and plusher than I expected. You could easily use them as a primary multipurpose towel.

I color code my towels and dedicate blues to interiors. I always feel like I’m almost wasting them by only using them inside.

PC.